• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in Sri Lanka, 2013

cricman

International 12th Man
An Erenga/Malinga new ball pair could be devestating. Too bad we'll never see it

I stopped watching after the 3rd drop of the morning. Abul and Shahadat actually bowled very, feel for Gazi as well coukd have easily gotten 6+ wicket haul if the fielders weren't scared of the red ball.

It'll be very interesting to see how close to the follow on Target Bangladesh get to and to see if the new financial incentives for securing a draw has an effect.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Cricman can you tell us a little more about the draw financial incentives?

Not having Shakib could cost them, Sri Lankas run rate most likely would have been lower if he was playing so with 3 days left, reaching the follow on target is vital.

cricman

International 12th Man
Cricman can you tell us a little more about the draw financial incentives?

Not having Shakib could cost them, Sri Lankas run rate most likely would have been lower if he was playing so with 3 days left, reaching the follow on target is vital.
Bangladesh Cricket News: BCB to give bonuses for draws | ESPN Cricinfo

Bangladesh have been given financial incentive to draw a Test match. According to the BCB, the team will get an extra Tk 100,000 ($1250) per drawn Test on top of the Tk 150,000 ($1875) they will receive as Test match fee, which has also increased from Tk 100,000 ($1250).

Challis

U19 12th Man
Utter tripe from Riyad. With Ashraful, and Mominul looking good and Anamul's potential and reserve players like Marshal Ayub looking for an opportunity, given that Tamim, Shakib, and Naeem will likely comeback for the future Riyad should be looking over his shoulder, his place in the team is vulnerable in my opinion. There's no place for a bits and pieces cricketer batting at 7 or 8.

Look's like the Ashraful enigma continues, though we should take into consideration that Sri Lanka are his bunny team, he has scored 5 centuries (out of his total of 6) against them.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Mullah got only himself to blame

Good to see Mominul living up to promise but he needs to be careful about playing too many shots away from body

Confused about what to make of Ash's century

cricman

International 12th Man
Happy for the guy, his shortcomings haven't been for a lack of effort. He always tries and puts in work in the nets.

Mendis has looked awful

Lets see how we negotiate this new ball

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So Ashraful will now get another 10 tests to show this was a blip. Gotta laugh at Mahmudullah being stumped for 0.

Can't be too often in the last few years that Bangladesh have had two century stands in an innings and just having one that hasn't contained either Tamim or Shakib must be rare too.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
10 tests could be 2 1/2 years for Bangladesh so I don't think he'll get that many if he reverts back to gash.

I'm really happy for the guy, hope he and the rest of the team don't become complacent as the test is just past the half way point.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Ash currently on the fifth highest score by a Bangladesh bat.

He's got 4 of the 8 highest scores my his country, think I'm going to start picking him again in their all time team again. Will have to take the usual mediocrity for occasional brilliance.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He must be gutted missing out on a road like this. Pitches like this one and the one in Dunedin are bad for cricket.

Wasn't it Galle that got marked down as a bad pitch for giving us a great fun test against Australia about 18 months ago? Guess they made sure that won't happen again.

Last edited: