Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 136 to 141 of 141

Thread: Matthew Wade

  1. #136
    International Vice-Captain Red Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronis View Post
    I'd say they're much better than anything Watson's done.
    Just Watson? I'd say they'd be better than anything a bunch of blokes who frequent a cricket forum have done.


    Apart from me.

  2. #137
    International Captain watson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Just Watson? I'd say they'd be better than anything a bunch of blokes who frequent a cricket forum have done.


    Apart from me.
    A philosophical point Monk?

    I'd like to suggest the opposite. A great Test match innings involves perseverance, dedication, endurance, and in many cases courage (I'm thinking of Bert Sutcliffe V Neil Adcock in particular). But importantly, a great Test match innings only lasts a day or two. No more.

    On-the-other-hand, Life lasts more than a day or two. Instead it lasts many decades and never ceases till death happens. Yet by sheer necessity Life requires the same kind of perseverance, dedication, endurance, and in every case - courage. Tons of it.

    For cricket is just a metaphor, and a very pale representation of the Life that we all lead. Even cricket forum blokes.
    Last edited by watson; 04-03-2013 at 12:19 PM.

  3. #138
    International Vice-Captain Red Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,902
    Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    A philosophical point Monk?

    I'd like to suggest the opposite. A great Test match innings involves perseverance, dedication, endurance, and in many cases courage (I'm thinking of Bert Sutcliffe V Neil Adcock in particular). But importantly, a great Test match innings only lasts a day or two. No more.

    On-the-other-hand, Life lasts more than a day or two. Instead it lasts many decades and never ceases till death happens. Yet by sheer necessity Life requires the same kind of perseverance, dedication, endurance, and in every case - courage. Tons of it.

    For cricket is just a metaphor, and a very pale representation of the Life that we all lead. Even cricket forum blokes.
    All true my friend. But I think we were talking about tits!

  4. #139
    Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    15,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    All true my friend. But I think we were talking about tits!
    hmmm.. how long before someone argues THAT requires patience, endurance, courage and dedication too?
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

    Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.


    Check out this awesome e-fed:

    PWE Efed


  5. #140
    International Vice-Captain kyear2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    w.i
    Posts
    4,216
    They do.
    Aus. XI
    Simpson^ | Hayden | Bradman | Chappell^ | Ponting | Border* | Gilchrist+ | Davidson3 | Warne4^ | Lillee1 | McGrath2


    W.I. XI
    Greenidge | Hunte | Richards^ | Headley* | Lara^ | Sobers5^ | Walcott+ | Marshall1 | Ambrose2 | Holding3 | Garner4

    S.A. XI
    Richards^ | Smith*^ | Amla | Pollock | Kallis5^ | Nourse | Cameron+ | Procter3 | Steyn1 | Tayfield4 | Donald2

    Eng. XI
    Hobbs | Hutton*^ | Hammond^ | Compton | Barrington | Botham5^ | Knott | Trueman1 | Laker4 | Larwood2 | Barnes3

  6. #141
    International Debutant
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dunno. I say Marco you say Polo.
    Posts
    2,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    All true my friend. But I think we were talking about tits!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 02-09-2010, 05:23 PM
  2. Mystery Draft V.2 (1989-2009)
    By Mupariwa_Magic in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 492
    Last Post: 21-11-2009, 01:00 PM
  3. Replies: 61
    Last Post: 18-01-2009, 02:01 AM
  4. Dominic Cork vs Matthew Hoggard - TEST match BOWLING
    By Richard in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-01-2009, 08:06 AM
  5. Northern Hemisphere Vs Southern
    By taitmachine in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-02-2008, 08:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •