• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Moises Henriques tracker

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
I guess the best thing that can be said for Henriques this tournament is that it was an improvement on his efforts in the SL ODIs last year where he looked totally clueless against spin. Here, he looked good in his couple of innings and then frustrating gifted his wicket away.

Such a strange ODI career; I reckon most would be amazed he made his ODI debut back in 2009. I'm not one to push the NSW bias theory usually but I can't help think that if he wasn't from NSW and not having the NSW-dominant media pushing his case (or NSW media/selectors like M Waugh) that he wouldn't have gotten a lookin.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I guess the best thing that can be said for Henriques this tournament is that it was an improvement on his efforts in the SL ODIs last year where he looked totally clueless against spin. Here, he looked good in his couple of innings and then frustrating gifted his wicket away.

Such a strange ODI career; I reckon most would be amazed he made his ODI debut back in 2009. I'm not one to push the NSW bias theory usually but I can't help think that if he wasn't from NSW and not having the NSW-dominant media pushing his case (or NSW media/selectors like M Waugh) that he wouldn't have gotten a lookin.
Lehmann pretty much outright stated that Henriques played purely on Smith's insistence. Said something along the lines of "Smith strongly pushed for his inclusion", and when reading between the lines it becomes pretty clear that's why he played.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Clearly a dumb liberal agenda to get diversity into the Australian cricket team.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I did bump this thread but would the Mo at 4 decision be less of an issue if he remains not out vs NZ instead of it raining immediately after his dismissal? I was sleeping when it happened so don't if he was batting differently to try and reach the DL target.

Also I disagree about NSW selection bias this time Quincy, whenever he makes runs (which is often domestically) he looks a level above. It is the same for Khawaja and S Marsh too IMO

stephen

Henriques has always threatened to become an excellent all rounder ever since he first appeared in the under 18 WC all those years ago.

He's been treated poorly by selectors but has never really taken his opportunity. He might end up as one of those guys who is a gun at domestic level but never manages to step up at international level. Which is a shame for Australian cricket but it's not like we're short of good all rounders at the moment.

FWIW I think our best ODI XI is:

Warner
Finch
Smith
Head
Maxwell
Marsh
Wade
Hastings
Starc
Zampa
Hazlewood

With Lynn the next batsman in line (and really if he gets opportunity and proves himself at that level he should replace Finch). Cummins is the fast bowling heir apparent to Starc but needs to figure out a better plan in ODI cricket.

stephen

I really believe singly that Head should bat no lower than 4. It's hard to say where Khawaja fits in given he hasn't had any time in the middle since his golden summer. He has to bat in Bangladesh or he'll be going into the ashes without having any time in the middle for a good 10-11 months.

Shady Slim

International Coach
pigeonholing him to being a bits and pieces nonrounder's really hurt his prospects to properly make it imo