• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BCCI threaten to cancel SA tour later this year, CRAZY

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
CSA, BCCI deal is a sad day for cricket: SACA
Big financial losses for Saffers board.
wtf.

Putting an end to weeks of speculation, the BCCI on Tuesday gave its consent to India's tour after Cricket South Africa (CSA) withdrew its CEO Haroon Lorgat from not just its dealings with the Indian Board but also the ICC Chief Executives Committee pending an enquiry into his actions.

...Commentators here have also voiced concern about the closing remarks in the statement, which says that "all parties have agreed that this investigation will be carried out in private, that no further media comment will be made until it has been concluded, and that its findings and recommendations will be binding upon CSA."
this is sick and disgusting. Absolutely filthy.

**** off with your ****ing politics BCCI just **** off.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I honestly thought this had turned out well until I read that ****.

No doubt the "private enquiry" will be headed by a few BCCI honchos.

I hate this so much. ****.

Flem274*

123/5
lol you gutless ****s.

YOU HAVE STEYN, ****ING STYEN, AND YOU DIDNT TROLL?!?!?

words fail me.

Tactical beamers during the series. kill someone.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
lol you gutless ****s.

YOU HAVE STEYN, ****ING STYEN, AND YOU DIDNT TROLL?!?!?

words fail me.

Tactical beamers during the series. kill someone.
Tactical beamers from Sharma would suit South Africa more. They may accidentally hit Srinivasan up in his box instead of the batsman.

A win-win for everyone. Indian fans rejoice at Sharma finally getting kicked out of the team, and the rest of the world at seeing Srinivasan get his just deserts.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Seriously this is just so disgusting I feel physically sick. A ****ing ICC enquiry because some random CSA affiliate (Becker) voiced his mind? How on earth can that warrant an enquiry?

How on earth can 7 members of the ICC vote for this enquiry?

it is just disgusting.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Seriously this is just so disgusting I feel physically sick. A ****ing ICC enquiry because some random CSA affiliate (Becker) voiced his mind? How on earth can that warrant an enquiry?

How on earth can 7 members of the ICC vote for this enquiry?

it is just disgusting.

Good old Ben Franklin. :cool:

Flem274*

123/5
If David White (is he the bloke that votes or does some random do it?) voted for this then I am disgusted and I want him out.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
The fact that Becker is a very good lawyer means there's a chance he might personally and independently take the BCCI on here. Not that he could ever possibly win - as generally happens in these cases the BCCI will just file page and page of paperwork that will drag on for 5+ years, eventually bankrupting the opposition.

God I hate this.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So embarrassing being an Indian fan at times like this. Should probably do a Raghav.

brockley

International Captain
How many South Africans will head to England after this,that would be my measure of how this effects South Africa.
Obviously India will lose the series so India sees no gain in this tour,forget no 1 vs no 2.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
How many South Africans will head to England after this,that would be my measure of how this effects South Africa.
Obviously India will lose the series so India sees no gain in this tour,forget no 1 vs no 2.
Actually now that the series is down to only 2 Tests, a drawn series or better is much more likely for India.

Fluke a win in one of the games and you can't lose...

brockley

International Captain
This dealing will be a cautionary tale for years to come.
I remember monkeygate when BCCI threatened to cancel the one day series with Cricket Australia if Habajan wasn't exhonerated of racism,which we all know he was.Anyway Cricket Australia has never been the same since,bends over backwards to the BCCI.

Burgey

Cricket would be so much financially worse off without India, but in actual cricketing terms, would anyone really miss them? They're rubbish away from home, and always have been; they stymie criticism of the game in their own country; they think spinners are worthwhile human beings and they have a whinge whenever things don't go their own way. All that aside from being the hot bed of graft and corruption from a match fixing POV.

The game would be better off without them.

Daemon

Cricket would be so much financially worse off without India, but in actual cricketing terms, would anyone really miss them? They're rubbish away from home, and always have been; they stymie criticism of the game in their own country; they think spinners are worthwhile human beings and they have a whinge whenever things don't go their own way. All that aside from being the hot bed of graft and corruption from a match fixing POV.

The game would be better off without them.

brockley

International Captain
S Africa will have to cut national contracts,state squads and moneys to state squads,and those that play 2nd tier,along with 2 black quotas in the teams,risks sending players either to IPL for good or county cricket as a kolpak.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Haven't the Kolpak rules changed (work permits) which make that hard for non-Internationals (who surely won't be as affected by the funding cut?) Certainly there's not that many Kolpak players in the system at the moment and those that are have been here a long time.