• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BCCI threaten to cancel SA tour later this year, CRAZY

SeamUp

International Coach
LORGAT MUST HAVE DONE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE THINGS. :D

Hope this gets resolved.

The BCCI has invited Cricket South Africa president, Chris Nenzani, for discussions on the proposed bilateral series, whose details are yet to be agreed upon and finalised.

"I have formally invited Mr Nenzani to come down to India and discuss the nitty-gritty of the series," BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel said. "The date and venue will be finalised once all formalities are completed."

Patel, however, made it clear that the BCCI had not invited CSA chief executive Haroon Lorgat, whose appointment is believed to have led to the breakdown of relations between the two boards. Lorgat and Patel had met on the sidelines of the ICC chief executives' committee meeting in Dubai last month, but had failed to reach a consensus over itinerary.

Though an agreement has been elusive so far, Patel was confident the tour would take place. "We are very positive about the tour and don't see any reason to take the extreme step."

He elaborated on what the BCCI's grouse with the schedule announced by CSA was. "All that we are aggrieved about is the fact that we were taken for granted and the itinerary was announced unilaterally. Besides, our priority is the Board's and our players' interests. My boys are not machines, they need a break. Who are you (CSA) to tell them they should be on the road for more than three-four months?"

Flem274*

123/5
I can't believe CSA haven't started trolling the **** out of the BCCI in the media and calling them pussies who are scared of Steyn and co. ruining their batsmens' averages. I can't be the only **** **** who would do this.

Just goad them and mock them until they simply have to show up.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
I can't believe CSA haven't started trolling the **** out of the BCCI in the media and calling them pussies who are scared of Steyn and co. ruining their batsmens' averages. I can't be the only **** **** who would do this.

Damn right man, i've been thinking this for weeks. CSA should go full troll ****** on BCCI. If I was CSA president i would rock up to the meeting making chickne noises and **** like that, like Biff. Whats the matter BCCI.....chicken????

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
CSA, and in particular Haroon Lorgat, has been so utterly professional across the whole thing. Not even a single response or outburst from anyone in the face of the loss of probably millions of dollars in revenue.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I'd rather this series got cancelled than it having just 2 tests and 3 ODIs
Agreed. Two test series is rubbish. You lose a match and then don't have the opportunity to win the series. And it's dickish behaviour asking to have someone removed because you don't like them. Reminds me of the Republisans.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Meh, obviously it would be better to have more, but saying you'd rather have the series cancelled is ridiculous. Two test series are usually quite good. Each match has serious meaning and they tend to be naturally far closer. Too many four match plus series become really predictable and laborious towards the end.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I find it odd that the Indian board are so against these tests, particularly after they had an 'a' tour go over there with national team players to try and prepare - it gives me the feeling personalities are ultimately what is at stake

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year

No because Srinivasan will simply retalliate by saying "we will thrash them 4-0 at home"

Secondly, CSA simply does not have the guts to stand up to BCCI and do something like that. When it comes to cases of bullying, the ones who are bullied have to take some responsibility for their submissiveness and weakness and reluctance to stand up to the bullies. And this is why I don't just blame the BCCI for the state of affairs because if the rest of the world bends over backward lets you walk all over themselves, why won't you go ahead and do just that?