• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The 'unfairly shafted by Australian selectors' XI

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
We may have enough for eleven now. Let me check:

1. Simon Katich
3. Rob Quiney
4. Brad Hodge
6. David Hussey
7. Brad Haddin
8. Stuart Clark
9. Nathan Hauritz
10. Steve O'Keefe
11. Nathan Bracken

Almost. Can anyone fill in the gaps?

Capt Blackadder

Cricket Spectator
If you are going for a currently playing XI then your other opener has to be Rogers as for number 5 I would move Hussey up and put McDonald in there at 6. Though to be fair if he was fit I think he would be playing this test so it is debatable currently if he has been shafted.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
he got injured. and then katich kicked arse. and hayden wouldn't quit. and then he got injured again. or something like that. just personally very unlucky

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Why was Phil Jaques dropped?
He did his back, was out injured for ages, and never really scored enough runs once he came back. It was more unfortunate than it was harsh, especially since Hayden retired right as he was just coming back from that injury.