• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Uncapped Player?

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Who is the best player in world cricket at present yet to play an international match?

With player rotation and three forms of the game there really aren't that many good players left playing in the domestic game who haven't played any international cricket. Kyle Abbott's performance on debut (not that i witnessed any of it) suggests that South Africa as the strongest of the current nations and with few injury problems probably have the best uncapped player at present.

related thread http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/32306-your-countrys-uncapped-xi.html

From England I'd suggest possibly Varun Chopra, Alan Richardson, Simon Kerrigan and James Harris. Not that any are particularly brilliant cricketers or likely to be the best uncapped player in the world.

Who else is out there from other countries yet to play any international cricket?

MrPrez

International Debutant
Well firstly, by international cricket do you mean senior international cricket, or does it include u19s, A etc?

Assuming you mean the former, In SA I reckon good shouts would be Rilee Rossouw and Andrew Birch (face).

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Well firstly, by international cricket do you mean senior international cricket, or does it include u19s, A etc?

Assuming you mean the former, In SA I reckon good shouts would be Rilee Rossouw and Andrew Birch (face).
yes i mean yet to play senior international cricket (Test,ODI and T20)

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Unmukt Chand, Amol Muzumdar, Suryakumar Yadav, Mandeep Singh, Sandeep Sharma are the ones that I've seen play and look good. Lots of others with impressive stats that I haven't so I'll reserve judgement.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Considering Dhoni's knock yesterday, you'd have to say he's probably the best uncapped player atm:

Enjoys batting capless