• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the best young batsman around right now?

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
The answer to this thread is clearly Shaun Marsh.

Or Shane Watson, it's hard to split them.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Unmukt Chand looked far better than before when I watched him bat this month. Haven't followed his scores too much, so don't know how did in that front.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Smith, Williamson, Root are far and away the leaders of this pack

Kohli and Warner are good, but not on the same level imo

Howe_zat

Audio File
Don't think you can fit a fag paper between Root and Williamson. Could swap one out for the other mid-innings and no one would know

SeamUp

International Coach

Virat just logging on to CW on his phone to explain to you ****s that it is him that is the best young batsman in the world.
Bloody hell.................. he became an ATG ?

We should do one of these threads soon.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
From U25 lot

Kusal Mendis (23)
Babar Azam (24)
Aiden Markram (24)
Shimron Hetmyer (22)

*Hope is 25 already.

Shaw(19), Gill (19) are batters to watch in the future.

SillyCowCorner1

From U25 lot

Kusal Mendis (23)
Babar Azam (24)
Aiden Markram (24)
Shimron Hetmyer (22)

*Hope is 25 already.

Shaw(19), Gill (19) are batters to watch in the future.
I'll add (very early in their career):

Liton Das (24)
Shadman (23)
Mosaddek Hossain- 23 years old with a first class average of 65.03 after 36 matches, 11 centuries and 11 half-centuries, highest of 282

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Most, say 3 and 1/2 years back which is around mid 2015 have rated Kohli below the likes of Smith, Rahane, Williamson, Root, Mathews at 6.

That's just wow.....

trundler

I really don't think the batting front in WC is at the moment something to shout about its very mediocre to be honest I reckon the next decade will look not too dissimilar to international cricket captain in that you'll end up with many more low scoring matches.
Only good call in this thread