• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the best young batsman around right now?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pujara.

Hughes comes second for me IMO. Also like the look of Root.

EDIT: And Chandimal and Jono.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
People you overlooked:

Nasir Hossain is 21 years old
Dinesh Chandigun is 23 years old
Tamim Iqbal is 23 years old
Mushfiqur Rahim is 24 years old
Phillip Hughes is 24 years old

All of these guys are better than Powell.
In who's DREAMS? :ph34r: Powell shared the pitch with Hossain, Tamim and Rahim just last november, and there was only one winner!!, and LOL at the mere mention of Hughes!! :laugh: .

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

Virat just logging on to CW on his phone to explain to you ****s that it is him that is the best young batsman in the world.

Daemon

In who's DREAMS? :ph34r: Powell shared the pitch with Hossain, Tamim and Rahim just last november, and there was only one winner!!
yeah well powell didn't have to face the might of the young and upcoming super impressive west indian pace attack.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Kohli mate, you're confusing the kids. They're not meant to just be able to just find all the colours in one place. They need to point to the sky, or a firetruck or something.

♫ Blue! [Hold up a blue flashcard.]
I see something blue. [Hold your hand above your eyes as if you are searching for something.]
Blue!
I see something blue.
Blue, blue, blue, blue...
I see something blue.
Find something blue! [Look around the room for blue items.]

Yellow! [Hold up a yellow flashcard.]
I see something yellow. [Hold your hand above your eyes as if you are searching for something.]
Yellow!
I see something yellow.
Yellow, yellow...
I see something yellow.
Find something yellow! [Look around the room for yellow items.]

Red! [Hold up a red flashcard.]
I see something red. [Hold your hand above your eyes as if you are searching for something.]
Red!
I see something red.
Red, red, red, red...
I see something red.
Find something red! [Look around the room for red items.]

Purple! [Hold up a purple flashcard.]
I see something purple. [Hold your hand above your eyes as if you are searching for something.]
Purple!
I see something purple.
Purple, purple...
I see something purple.
Find something purple! [Look around the room for purple items.]

Blue. [Point to something blue.]
Yellow. [Point to something yellow.]
Red. [Point to something red.]
Purple. [Point to something purple.]
I see colors everywhere. ♫

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Kohli mate, you're confusing the kids. They're not meant to just be able to just find all the colours in one place. They need to point to the sky, or a firetruck or something.

♫ Blue! [Hold up a blue flashcard.]
I see something blue. [Hold your hand above your eyes as if you are searching for something.]
Blue!
I see something blue.
Blue, blue, blue, blue...
I see something blue.
Find something blue! [Look around the room for blue items.]

Yellow! [Hold up a yellow flashcard.]
I see something yellow. [Hold your hand above your eyes as if you are searching for something.]
Yellow!
I see something yellow.
Yellow, yellow...
I see something yellow.
Find something yellow! [Look around the room for yellow items.]

Red! [Hold up a red flashcard.]
I see something red. [Hold your hand above your eyes as if you are searching for something.]
Red!
I see something red.
Red, red, red, red...
I see something red.
Find something red! [Look around the room for red items.]

Purple! [Hold up a purple flashcard.]
I see something purple. [Hold your hand above your eyes as if you are searching for something.]
Purple!
I see something purple.
Purple, purple...
I see something purple.
Find something purple! [Look around the room for purple items.]

Blue. [Point to something blue.]
Yellow. [Point to something yellow.]
Red. [Point to something red.]
Purple. [Point to something purple.]
I see colors everywhere. ♫
Jimi Hendrix is back :ph34r:

morgieb

Virat just logging on to CW on his phone to explain to you ****s that it is him that is the best young batsman in the world.
**** he looks like a douche there.

But he sure is quality. Add Rahane and Sharma and India are looking pretty for batsmen in the future.

flibbertyjibber

All depends on what you consider young to be, for me I don't consider 24 as young but if you are including that age range then Kohli is probably the winner. Pujara is even older but as for mentioning Hughes :laugh: The guy averages mid 30's in his 21st test ffs.

Too early to mention Root yet, very promising but not played anywhere near enough to judge and also is yet to play any cricket at home. Bairstow hasn't secured a place in the side so can't be considered.

Must admit I am surprised WW left out Brathwaite.

Flem274*

123/5
Tbf to Hughes and young batsmen in general there will always be disparities in how fast they develop. I'm pretty sure the gap between several of the guys mentioned in this thread will be smaller than it is now when they hit 30.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Tbf to Hughes and young batsmen in general there will always be disparities in how fast they develop. I'm pretty sure the gap between several of the guys mentioned in this thread will be smaller than it is now when they hit 30.
maybe, but I still think Pujara is a cut above the other batsmen mentioned ITT.

Himannv

International Coach
No mention of Chandimal in the OP is strange but this one easily belongs to Kohli. He's definitely the best young batsman around right now.