59. You may not vote on this poll
  • amla

33 55.93%
  • clarke

22 37.29%
  • Eoin Morgan

4 6.78%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: who do you love more, Hamish Amla or Michael Clarke?

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    I am not so sure about teams from that era given it was before my time of watching cricket.. But did Javed really have that many good batsmen around him? And how would AB fit into these discussions?
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    It is an interesting theory to extend to let's say a Miandad Vs Viv or Greg Chappell Vs Viv and other such comparisons though
    Only if there is little else to split them.

Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    I am not so sure about teams from that era given it was before my time of watching cricket.. But did Javed really have that many good batsmen around him? And how would AB fit into these discussions?
    Pak middle order was strong at that time. AB yes! there was a time in mid 80s till 89 Ashes he was the only good batsman in AUS side. Obviously not being an attacking batsman meant that he was generally a tad under rated. But I am pretty sure Border was considered the one of the best batsman in the world from 83-84 onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by L Trumper View Post
    Pak middle order was strong at that time. AB yes! there was a time in mid 80s till 89 Ashes he was the only good batsman in AUS side. Obviously not being an attacking batsman meant that he was generally a tad under rated. But I am pretty sure Border was considered the one of the best batsman in the world from 83-84 onwards.
    Border couldnt affort to take risks because he was surrounded by rubbish for a large portion of his career

However, he was supremely talented and could turn it on whenever he wanted

No better example can be found than in the first test of the '89 Ashes when he was leading supposedly the worst ever Australian team to England

Coming to the wicket after the loss of 2 early wickets, he counter-attacked and even though he only made 60-odd, that was the Ashes won for Oz as they went on to score 600 and the English never recovered

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Personally feel Clarke's amazing run of form is just coinciding with 3/4 batsmen of questionable quality at the top of Australia's batting order, followed by their second best batsmen in Hussey coming in at 6. Don't really feel compelled to rate him a great deal higher on the basis of being a lone hand and all that.

Still think he's the best batsmen in the world as of now though, but that's just on the weight of his runs and who he's scored them against, and not that much on the scoreboard situations.
    Last edited by Daemon; 05-03-2013 at 10:51 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information