• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

who do you love more, Hamish Amla or Michael Clarke?

title

• amla

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • clarke

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Eoin Morgan

Votes: 4 6.5%

• Total voters

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Michael Clarke the same guy all of Australia seemingly hated only 2 and a bit years ago.
One and the same

Has reinvented himself by stepping aside from T20, getting rid of the skank girlfriend, becoming the world's best batsman and generally acting like a good guy as opposed to some wannabe

Spiced

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Amla for me. Great cricket and even greater guy. He always walks if he nicked it, if he was caught and it has to go upstairs he will take the catchers word for it. He does not set himself personnel milestones and only worries about helping the team to win. In my opinion one really good guy.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Amla for me. Great cricket and even greater guy. He always walks if he nicked it, if he was caught and it has to go upstairs he will take the catchers word for it. He does not set himself personnel milestones and only worries about helping the team to win. In my opinion one really good guy.
Wasn't it Amla who scored a crucial ton in the 2nd Test in 2008 after not accepting the fielder's word?

CWB304

U19 Cricketer
Virtual dead heat for me. They were - along with Sanga - two of the three batters I rated as the best in the game even a couple of years ago when certainly Clarke and maybe even Amla weren't featuring in such discussions. Amla perhaps shades it as he does everything Clarke does while coming in at first drop. Both an absolute joy to watch, esp. Clarke against spinners and Amla against pace.

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
They were - along with Sanga - two of the three batters I rated as the best in the game even a couple of years ago when certainly Clarke and maybe even Amla weren't featuring in such discussions.
There's always one.

Hamish for me. Great player.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Love Amla more, has taken over 'the most likeable brilliant batsman' mantle from Dravid.

Think Clarke is probably a little bit better though.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Michael Clarke the same guy all of Australia seemingly hated only 2 and a bit years ago.
only 3/4 of australia hated him. typically the same people go on and on about how t20 sucks and how CA sucks for allowing bowlers to get injured and then get angry about a rotation policy

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah look, Clarke was a tool bag who claimed bounce catches, and who was someone douchey enough for Katich to want to throttle.

He's a lot less douchey now than he was 2-3 years ago. Sure, the Australian cricket bogan public took longer to realise this than the non-bogans, and some of their reasons were **** (wahh he has tattoos) but nevertheless, there was a legitimate gripe against him previously.

uvelocity

International Coach
only 3/4 of australia hated him. typically the same people go on and on about how t20 sucks and how CA sucks for allowing bowlers to get injured and then get angry about a rotation policy
all of those things are true #uvelocitythoughts

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Nah look, Clarke was a tool bag who claimed bounce catches, and who was someone douchey enough for Katich to want to throttle.

He's a lot less douchey now than he was 2-3 years ago. Sure, the Australian cricket bogan public took longer to realise this than the non-bogans, and some of their reasons were **** (wahh he has tattoos) but nevertheless, there was a legitimate gripe against him previously.
Think he has cleaned up his image incredibly now though.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has

Don't see any reason why Katich wasn't the biggest ****head in that whole situation.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah Katich never gets angry. Clarke clearly at fault, Katich is a bloke who keeps his calm 24/7

:ph34r:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Think he has cleaned up his image incredibly now though.
Yeah exactly, so my point is 3-4 years ago his "image" or whatever, just the way he presented himself, **** some people. He changed that, and became more likeable. However much of the cricket public probably only realised this about 12 months ago or so. There was a lag effect between him cleaning himself up, and everyone realising.

His 300+ score helped for sure. There was a reason Slazenger didn't want to renew their bat sponsorship agreement with him. Their market research must have said something. Backfired big time though :laugh:

In any case, some of the reasons for hating him were legitimate (doucheyness, claiming grounded catches, just not looking like a guy ready for leadership), and some were petty (him catching a tennis ball in his underpants in a Bonds ad, tattoos etc.).

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
doucheyness isn't a legitimate reason, no-one in aus. gave a damn about claiming grounded catches (we only care when it happens against us) and people cited tattoos as a reason for him not looking like a guy ready for leadership