• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nathan Lyon deserves more respect

Mr_Ronan

Banned
**** I was expecting heaps of trolls and uninformed mongs chiming in with comments along the lines of "Lyon is a badder bowler than everyone cos he sucks at doing cricket." That's roughly the quality of 2/3 of posters on cricinfo.

I'm appreciating the level of knowledge and understanding displayed here during my brief stay so far. Should have joined ages ago instead of spamming the ****e out of my only mate who has a hint of interest in cricket. He's well and truly grown tired of my incessant rants on cricketing minutiae.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
**** I was expecting heaps of trolls and uninformed mongs chiming in with comments along the lines of "Lyon is a badder bowler than everyone cos he sucks at doing cricket." That's roughly the quality of 2/3 of posters on cricinfo.

I'm appreciating the level of knowledge and understanding displayed here during my brief stay so far. Should have joined ages ago instead of spamming the ****e out of my only mate who has a hint of interest in cricket. He's well and truly grown tired of my incessant rants on cricketing minutiae.
:laugh:

I spam the **** out of two specific mates (who know a lot about cricket tbf) but CW gives a far wider range of opinions (and one of my mates bags me about Kohli 24/7 and calls him Lohli)*. Its a great place.

Welcome. :cool:

* said mate has a long-term bet with me re: Kohli vs. Chandimal. Said mate is not a Lankan either, just loves Chandimal.

Last edited:

sphynx

U19 Debutant
Lyon rips it enough on Australian pitches.

He also gets good bounce, that all bodes well for being a decent bowler in India imo.

I reckon it will be between Ojha and Lyon for the top wicket taker.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:laugh:

I spam the **** out of two specific mates (who know a lot about cricket tbf) but CW gives a far wider range of opinions (and one of my mates bags me about Kohli 24/7 and calls him Lohli)*. Its a great place.

Welcome. :cool:

* said mate has a long-term bet with me re: Kohli vs. Chandimal. Said mate is not a Lankan either, just loves Chandimal.
I'm not your mate, all right.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
What's with the monkey things? Haven't been here long enough to be offered a monkey avatar, obv...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's a pity Ahmed is almost 34 years old or else he might have been able to push for a gig for Australia down the line. Given his background that would have been a remarkable story.
Well apparently:

- He claims to only be 30; and
- He'll be eligible later the year

Much, much stranger things have happened.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Will all the stereotypical VB drinking bogans change their minds on refugees if Fawad spins us to back-to-back Ashes victories?