• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your current World XI bowling attack

Xuhaib

International Coach
If you go with a 3/1 combo

Steyn
Philander
Anderson
Ajmal/Swann

If its a sub cone like track then a 2-2 would suffice

Steyn
Anderson
Swann/Ajmal
Herath/Rehman

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd go along with those attacks, Philander as yet unproven in sub con so Jimmy would get nod over him for now at least.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mine would be

Steyn
Philander
Starc
Ajmal
+ Kallis

For a 2-2 attack

Steyn
Philander
Ajmal
Herath
+ Kallis

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Steyn, Philander, Anderson, Swann.
I was still on the "I'd rather have Swann if I had to play a series in every country" train until a week ago too but with Ajmal doing his stuff in South Africa too now, I reckon I'm sadly going to have to finally give in to the Ajmal > Swann group.

If I'm picking two spinners though then I'm picking Swann. I don't care if he turns it the same way as Ajmal; he's still miles ahead of all the left arm spinners AFAIC.

So that means:

Steyn
Anderson
Ajmal
Philander / Swann depending on conditions

smash84

The Tiger King
I was still on the "I'd rather have Swann if I had to play a series in every country" train until a week ago too but with Ajmal doing his stuff in South Africa too now, I reckon I'm sadly going to have to finally give in to the Ajmal > Swann group.
So you now agree that Swann is the 2nd best spinner in the world. Something that you got me banned for you **** :p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So you now agree that Swann is the 2nd best spinner in the world. Something that you got me banned for you **** :p
I don't want to get in a moderation debate in here, but you got that infraction for trolling regarding it, not for your opinion. The same thing would happen right now if you did the same thing again.

smash84

The Tiger King
I don't want to get in a moderation debate in here, but you got that infraction for trolling regarding it, not for your opinion. The same thing would happen right now if you did the same thing again.
I don't want to get into that pathetic piece of moderation either but this thread is the right place to say Ajmal > Swann because teams need to be selected.

Ajmal > Swann :jump:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't want to get into that pathetic piece of moderation either but this thread is the right place to say Ajmal > Swann because teams need to be selected.

Ajmal > Swann :jump:
Did you use the same smiley when people here first agreed to Imran > Miller? :D

Xuhaib

International Coach
can't see how people would go for Jimmy over Vernon unless its a sub cont track. Anderson is basically Steyn lite imo Philander will offer something different.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
can't see how people would go for Jimmy over Vernon unless its a sub cont track. Anderson is basically Steyn lite imo Philander will offer something different.
Well if the track justifies two spinners, it's going to suit Anderson more than Philander. If it doesn't justify two spinners then you're just playing both anyway. Can't imagine a situation where you'd have to choose between them without it being a subcontinent track tbh.