• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Monk's Real Time Draft #2 - VOTING THREAD

Please select the strongest Test team

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

watson

Banned
From 8pm till 10:30pm (Sydney Time) 6 of us participated in a Real Time Draft kindly organised by Monk because his wife was out.

The only rule was that each team must contain a representative from each of the major Test playing nations. No Bradman:

India
Pakistan
West Indies
Australia
England
Sri Lanka OR New Zealand OR Zimbabwe

SO PLEASE VOTE FOR THE STRONGEST TEST TEAM !

WATSON’s XI
01. Gordon Greenidge
02. Bob Simpson
03. Viv Richards *
04. Brian Lara
05. Greg Chappell
06. Martin Crowe
07. Alan Knott +
08. Malcolm Marshall
09. Waqar Younis
10. Allan Donald
11. Bhagwat Chandrasekhar

PEW’s XI
01. Jack Hobbs
02. Bruce Mitchell
03. George Headley
04. Sachin Tendulkar
05. Allan Border
06. Aubrey Faulkner
07. Clyde Walcott +
08. Imran Khan *
09. Alan Davidson
10. Bill O’Reilly
11. Jack Cowie

ABBOTT's XI
01. Sunil Gavaskar ^
02. Mark Taylor * ^
03. Rohan Kanhai
04. Dudley Nourse
05. Stan McCabe
06. Garry Sobers ^
07. Les Ames +
08. Wasim Akram
09. Shane Warne ^
10. Dennis Lillee
11. Shane Bond

HEATHDAVISSPEED’s XI
01. Saeed Anwar
02. Stewart Dempster
03. Graeme Pollock
04. Jacques Kallis *
05. Aravinda de Silva
06. Colin Bland
07. Andy Flower +
08. Kapil Dev
09. Curtley Ambrose
10. Sydney Barnes
11. Glenn McGrath

BLAKUS’ XI
01. Barry Richards
02. Virender Sehwag
03. Ricky Ponting
04. Walter Hammond
05. Kumar Sangakkara
06. Keith Miller*
07. Adam Gilchrist+
08. Ray Lindwall
09. Joel Garner
10. Clarrie Grimmett
11. Shoaib Akhtar

CORONIS’ XI
01. Herbert Sutcliffe
02. Len Hutton
03. Rahul Dravid
04. Everton Weekes
05. Ken Barrington
06. Frank Worrell*
07. Mike Procter
08. Richard Hadlee
09. Don Tallon+
10. Fazal Mahmood
11. Muttiah Muralitharan

Cheers and thanks - Watson

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Watson has too many of my personal favourites to ignore.

Blakus a close second.

watson

Banned
Choice between;

McGrath
Ambrose
Barnes
Dev
Kallis

AND

Lindwall
Miller
Garner
Akhtar
Grimmett
Hammond

I love both, but Team Blakus has too many options. However, watching SF Barnes bowling in tandem with McGrath and Ambrose would be awesome.

Monk has Rohan Kanhai, plus Lillee and Akram bowling together. It's all too hard..........

Team Blakus probably too tough in a pitched battle going into Day 5. Other than for Team Watson of course which has way too much attitide.

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I voted PEWS's XI. All of them however are really good, suppose this is what happens in a 6 team draft.

Who's Abbott?

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Coronis easily for mine. He robbed you all by picking both Hadlee and Murali, didn't he?

The way I vote on draft teams is by looking at bowling first. Abott, Heath and Coronis seriously strong bowling (Cowie, Chandrashekar, Akhtar etc don't win much favor from me compared to some others). Of those 3, Coronis has the best batting.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Coronis easily for mine. He robbed you all by picking both Hadlee and Murali, didn't he?

The way I vote on draft teams is by looking at bowling first. Abott, Heath and Coronis seriously strong bowling (Cowie, Chandrashekar, Akhtar etc don't win much favor from me compared to some others). Of those 3, Coronis has the best batting.
Yeah he had the Round 1/Round 2 double pick. Marshall, Imran, Sobers, Ambrose and Miller got picked first.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
my late entry team

s barnes
g smith
v hazare
j miandad
KP
b sutcliffe
d lindsey
r benaud
s pollock
d steyn
c walsh

get around me

watson

Banned

It's also interesting that Coronis selected Fazal Mahmood as his Pakistan rep. when Javed Miandad was available. Fazal was a very good bowler, but considering the enormous pool that he could draw from (Holding, Roberts, Bedser etc) I did consider his selection slightly obscure at the time.

With my last double pick in Rounds 10 + 11 I had to make the choice between Greenidge and Chandra OR Merchant and Verity. In the end I decided that the Merchant + Simpson opening combo lacked 'something' so chose Greenidge instead. I also like the X-factor that Chandra brings to the team, so for me it became a 'no brainer' after several minutes of thought

Last edited: