• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Zimbabwe in West Indies, 2013

stumpski

International Captain
Three ODIs (all at St Georges, Grenada) 22, 24, 26 Feb

Two T20s (both at North Sound, Antigua) 2 and 3 March

Two Tests (Bridgetown, Barbados and Roseau, Dominica) 12-16 and 20-24 March

First - and only - warm-up on Wednesday 20 Feb.

I don't expect the Zims to win more than the odd one-dayer but they need to be playing Tests again, and a couple against one of the weaker sides may help - even if it's away from home.

I suppose there's a chance these might be on Sky? They usually show WI home matches, then again they didn't show the Windies 'C' team against the Bangers a couple of years ago.

Last edited:

Chubb

International Regular
More messy politics undermining the Zimbabwe team. Still excited for the tour though. Will be great to see Williams in tests - he probably should be in the one day team as well.

Ray's career is coming to an end.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
So do the Zimbas have no support staff with them? :blink: Surely a fitness coach at least is a must? Not to mention a tour manager to sort all the touring logistics and suchlike.

Seems incredibly short-sighted.

Chubb

International Regular
So do the Zimbas have no support staff with them? :blink: Surely a fitness coach at least is a must? Not to mention a tour manager to sort all the touring logistics and suchlike.

Seems incredibly short-sighted.
Lots of conflicting signals about why it has happened. I suspect money has more to do with it than ZC have let on.

stumpski

International Captain
Dwayne Bravo to captain in the ODIs, Sammy and Gayle rested - and the keepers' revolving door contnues, with Ramdin returning for Thomas. Must be time for Baugh again soon though.

Tony Cozier advocating the selection of Pollard for the Tests I see. Well it worked for Warner - but even if he comes off, against this opposition, what does it prove? He needs to be putting togther big scores consistently in the four-day competition.

Marius

International Debutant
They should be expelled and isolated. Complete waste of time for the Windies.
That's a great way to rebuild cricket in Zimbabwe.

Rather get A teams and the like to tour there, or like what SA did last year, send an SA XI, rather than a full side.

Same thing should probably happen with Bangladesh.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I suppose there's a chance these might be on Sky? They usually show WI home matches, then again they didn't show the Windies 'C' team against the Bangers a couple of years ago.
Sky showing it, makes for great feast of cricket with this, the India series and of course England in NZ.

stumpski

International Captain
That's a great way to rebuild cricket in Zimbabwe.

Rather get A teams and the like to tour there, or like what SA did last year, send an SA XI, rather than a full side.

Same thing should probably happen with Bangladesh.
Too late now of course, but Bangladesh should have toured a few countries before starting to play Tests. Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe both made non-Test tours of England IIRC. Could finish with a match at Lord's against a strong MCC side.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I'd forgotten this was on tomorrow. I don't really think the Windies will have that much trouble.
Yeah we haven't lost in our last two odi series at home to Aus and NZ, away we've been poor though, anyway i expect the team to be..

Charles
Powell
Darren Bravo
Sarwan
Dwayne Bravo
Pollard
Ramdin (wk)
Permaul
Narine
Roach
Best

Though Cricinfo thinks Russell might play instead of Permy!!, all in all thats a decent enough team, would rather have one of our younger bowlers playing instead of Best though, there's Shannon Gabriel who done well in the tests in England, Jason Holder who looked decent against Australia and there's a young quick from Guyana who everyone is raving about, Ronsford Beaton is the name, just turned 20, 6'3 and fast as an arrow, roughed up Gayle and Pollard in our recent t20 competition too, and moves the ball both ways, many believe he's more advanced than Roach was at a similar age.

EDIT: Barbados batsman Jonathan Carter has been called up to the squad because apparently Pollard is having travel problems, so he might play tomorrow, the lad is a very talented batsman who can also take wickets with his seam bowling, lately he's been getting loads of 40s and 50s but hasn't been able to convert but he's certainly one who we believe will be a good international batsman for us, his style is similar to Darren Bravo's, probably a little more defensive than Darren though.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Err someone please sticky the thread. No posts and we're 40 overs into the game.

How Johnson Charles scores runs is baffling. Now has 3 hundreds and 1 fifty in List A cricket.

Nigel Benjamin

U19 12th Man
No wonder there is zero interest in this series. Zimbos really **** as expected and don't expect anything to change during the series. No need to sticky this thread imo.

stumpski

International Captain
Er, yeah, I expected it to be one-sided but not this one-sided. :dry: I can understand having to consolidate after losing early wickets but the RR will be over 10 in no time at this rate.

Alan Butcher is the coach with the side, he'll be leaving at the end of the series, I just heard. He doesn't exactly look too sorry about it either.

stumpski

International Captain
Even when the cause is hopeless I prefer to see batsmen play properly, I don't like to see them throwing their wickets away - but Utseya is doing a Gavaskar here, 7 from 35.

I still think the Zims will improve as the tour goes on, though.