• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Zimbabwe in West Indies, 2013

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
Jarvis picks up Chanderpaul. Zimbabwe are on top here. It's refreshing to see Zimbabwe actually putting up a fight. :D

Chubb

International Regular
Well bowled Jarvis. Can we say with confidence he is the best Zimbabwean fast bowler since Heath Streak? Not much competition after all.

If they can winkle one of these two out and get them all for less than 300 it's going to be interesting. Will have to improve with the bat despite encouraging signs in the first innings.

stumpski

International Captain
Lead of 96 then, that will be decisive surely. I don't expect West Indies to have to make much more than 100. Darren Sammy in full flow was well worth watching, as usual.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well bowled Jarvis. Can we say with confidence he is the best Zimbabwean fast bowler since Heath Streak? Not much competition after all.

If they can winkle one of these two out and get them all for less than 300 it's going to be interesting. Will have to improve with the bat despite encouraging signs in the first innings.
I find the more interesting question is whether he'll end up better than Heef Streak.

Last edited:

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
The Zimbabwe batsmen have crumbled in the second innings,being 3/41 at stumps. Disappointed they couldn't hold it together for their second innings. This will be over before the end of day 3 if Taylor, Ervine and Waller don't put up any fight.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have only seen 2 balls of this test and both have been delivered by Shillingford

If he can get away with "bowling" like that then nobody is a chucker

WindieWeathers

International Regular
The Zimbabwe batsmen have crumbled in the second innings,being 3/41 at stumps. Disappointed they couldn't hold it together for their second innings. This will be over before the end of day 3 if Taylor, Ervine and Waller don't put up any fight.
The difference has been that our spinners have looked very threatening while Zim's weren't up to standard, so when the pacers got tired it gave us a chance to get ahead, those last 14 overs before stumps were always gonna be very tough for Zimbabwe and we've done that to better teams than them recently.

The first hour is gonna be key, pick up two or three wickets for 30 runs then yes i agree the game could be over quickly, but i'm not counting my chickens yet as we do have a very annoying habit of letting tails wag :@ .

stumpski

International Captain
Quick wickets have done for the Zims today, it looks as if their sole consolation will be making West Indies bat again. I hope the spectators didn't pay much for admission.

Stapel

International Regular
ZIM bowlers extend play to after lunch on day 3..... Well played sirs...... What a farce from the umpires and Darren Bravo.....

stumpski

International Captain
ZIM bowlers extend play to after lunch on day 3..... Well played sirs...... What a farce from the umpires and Darren Bravo.....
They could have taken lunch at the end of the Zimbabwe innings - they were within 5 minutes of the designated time, and there had to be a break in play anyway ... instead we had a 10 minute break between innings and now another 40 minutes. I always thought it was only the tea interval that could be delayed? Or perhaps it's down to local playing regulations.

Chubb

International Regular
The difference has been that our spinners have looked very threatening while Zim's weren't up to standard, so when the pacers got tired it gave us a chance to get ahead, those last 14 overs before stumps were always gonna be very tough for Zimbabwe and we've done that to better teams than them recently.
Cremer didn't bowl well, but he had justified his selection with his warm-up performance. Probably shouldn't play the next game. Ray I think bowled pretty well, tight as always. But I am very biased when it comes to him.

stumpski

International Captain
Well that's rather put the kibosh on Sky's much-vaunted 39-hour cricket marathon - unless the SA=Pak game is a day-nighter there'll be an interval before the NZ=England Test gets under way again.

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
I would think Cremer will get dropped for probably Utseya for the next test and possibly Williams for Waller. The top order really needs to show some fight in both innings otherwise the Windies will need less than 3 days again.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I would think Cremer will get dropped for probably Utseya for the next test and possibly Williams for Waller. The top order really needs to show some fight in both innings otherwise the Windies will need less than 3 days again.
They really didn't have a clue how to deal with Shilly, and the problem for them is Shilly took a 10fer against Australia last year at the same ground the next test will be, so they will most likely have it tough again, i'd expect us to bring in another spinner aswell, probably Permaul to replace Best, your spinners are gonna have to step up if you want to get a result because Jarvis might not be as effective on the next track as it's not got much bounce and has been good for batting of late.

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
There's no real reason why the Zimbabwean batsmen shouldn't be able to play spin well. Bulawayo has always been a spin friendly pitch in Zimbabwe but to watch them play against Shillingford makes them look like they don't have a clue. I'm not expecting them to fair much better in the next test if the pitch is a spinner's deck and Windies play a second spinner.

Jezroy

State Captain
There's no real reason why the Zimbabwean batsmen shouldn't be able to play spin well. Bulawayo has always been a spin friendly pitch in Zimbabwe but to watch them play against Shillingford makes them look like they don't have a clue. I'm not expecting them to fair much better in the next test if the pitch is a spinner's deck and Windies play a second spinner.
Vettori feasts on Zimbo's - 20 wickets in his last 4 tests against them @ 15.95.

That tell's you something.