• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Zimbabwe in West Indies, 2013

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
Cremer should have done enough in the warm-up game to get a run in the test side with figures of 7/79. Masakadza scored a century in the first innings so hopefully he'll take that form going into the first test. Not sure what's happening with Craig Ervine. He sat out the last ODI due to injury and didn't play in the warm-up game. They really need him to sure-up the paper thin middle order.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
It doesn't bode well for them that they couldn't beat our acedemy tbh!!..because a lot of those kids aren't that experienced. Creamer obviously stood out but he'll obviously will be up against a much higher level on tuesday so he'll need some support from somewhere or they are gonna have some long days in the field.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Maruma shouldn't be anywhere near the side AFAIC. He barely bowls anymore and he's not even close to being good enough as a batsman.

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
Regardless, the side needs more chocolate than vanilla. Williams would be the other alternative but it would probably mean Waller would get dropped

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
I don't know where he came from but Sean Ervine has been named in the side according to cricinfo? I didn't even know he was in the squad. Could be a typo mistaking him for Craig Ervine

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
2/91 at lunch. Pretty happy with that. Mawoyo has been solid since seeing off the new ball. He's pretty good at converting starts so hopefully he can go on with it. Taylor needs as much time out in the middle to regain some form so hopefully he'll support Mawoyo well.

Chubb

International Regular
2/91 at lunch. Pretty happy with that. Mawoyo has been solid since seeing off the new ball. He's pretty good at converting starts so hopefully he can go on with it. Taylor needs as much time out in the middle to regain some form so hopefully he'll support Mawoyo well.

Hasn't materialised unfortunately. Hard to see 250+ from here. Hope I'm wrong.

stumpski

International Captain
Good bowling change, you'd have to say. Zimbabwe haven't exactly folded, but they haven't done very well either... 158-6. If they are going to stay in Test cricket, they need a lot more Tests, it isn't fair on them otherwise.

Last edited:

stumpski

International Captain
:laugh: @ Tino. Cremer's a funny one isn't he, averages 4.4 from seven Tests, but has a HS of 171*. So I suppose no. 8 is about right.

Woodster

International Captain
Big blow losing Craig Ervine just before tea, looked in good touch, been pretty impressed with him lately.

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
Disappointed the Zimbabwean batsmen have fallen away after a solid start. They really needed a strong first innings total as I don't have much confidence in their bowlers given the likes of Gayle, Chanderpaul, Powell and Samuels.

stumpski

International Captain
Things come in threes don't they ... Steven Finn gets 50, Bangladesh make 600, Marlon Samuels takes 4 for 13 ... enough oddities for now.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Little annoyed about losing those two wickets before stumps but all in all it was a good day for us i'd say, the pace was clearly troubling them in the early periods but they rode their luck and looked comfortable at lunch with only the two wickets lost, but in the second session it was all us, and it doesn't look good for them that they struggled against the spin so badly!!..because we'll probably be bringing in Permaul in the next game on a turning track.

Hopefully Gayle can get in and finally put up a decent score, then we'll be looking for Samuels, Chanders and Bravo to take things forward, we should be aiming for at least a 150 lead but i won't be counting my chickens just yet, anything over 70 should be the first target.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
What's with the West Indies and selecting such bowler-heaving lineups against poor opposition?

Did it against Bangladesh, doing it here too.

Surely there's much more chance of randomly getting rolled for a low score against a poor side than there is of not being able to get them out? There's much more variance in batting than there is in bowling. Even beyond that, Ramdin at six with Sammy at seven is not a serious option going forward for matches against genuine opposition either. Really weird team balance option, especially considering what Deonarine did with the ball in the last Test he played (took 6), and I suppose what Samuels has done here to an extent as well.

Last edited:

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
Good start to the day for the Zimbabwean seamers with Jarvis picking up Bravo and Chatara picking up Gayle. This next partnership between Samuels and Chanderpaul is going to crucial for both sides I think.

stumpski

International Captain
Hardly the one-way traffic some might have been expectng ... 85-4 now with Gayle gone. I'm still expecting West Indies to get a lead but I reckon only one between 50 and 100.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
What's with the West Indies and selecting such bowler-heaving lineups against poor opposition?

Did it against Bangladesh, doing it here too.

Surely there's much more chance of randomly getting rolled for a low score against a poor side than there is of not being able to get them out? There's much more variance in batting than there is in bowling. Even beyond that, Ramdin at six with Sammy at seven is not a serious option going forward for matches against genuine opposition either. Really weird team balance option, especially considering what Deonarine did with the ball in the last Test he played (took 6), and I suppose what Samuels has done here to an extent as well.
The whole thing stinks Prince and it's done merely to keep Sammy in the team!! :mad2: , i don't like it at all, yesterday we lost two quick wickets and it's been the same today and it puts so much pressure on the batters because they know there's no many decent batters are left in the shed, it very nearly cost us in Bang last November in that first test, the ball was turning big in the last session of the 4th day and we went from cruising to panic stations in just a few overs, our situation was especially bleak considering Shiv had been taken ill and couldn't bat till the last resort, we ended up getting 230 ahead and thank God our bowlers did the job in the end, if we're not careful we'll have to do the same in this game too.

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
Masakadza picked up Samuels right on the stroke of lunch with the West Indies 5/144. Great session for the Zimbabweans. Hopefully they don't get complacent with the tail.