• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Zimbabwe in West Indies, 2013

MrPrez

International Debutant
Awesome to see the Zimbos actually making a fight of it this time. Brendan Taylor out for 0 off 2 is sad though :(

stumpski

International Captain
Windies slightly behind the required rate but still approaching the 100 without alarms. It'll be disappointing for the Zims, having made a decent total, not to take a few wickets - not that I expect they'd be exactly thrilled to see Pollard walking out in this situation. Good idea for Sarwan to open, btw, after he hardly got a bat the other day.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
This could be interesting. Shocking decision with the run out though. Why would you not go upstairs just to be safe?

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
I doubt it. Even if the batsmen post a decent total, the Zimbawean bowlers are hardly threatening. I was expecting more from Jarvis and Mpofu

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
Still given his experience for a Zimbabwean pace bowler, I was/am expecting him to bowl a more consistant line and length. The guy is out of his depth out there atm. Again I'm left pondering about the absence of Querl

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Good bowling effort from our lads, really impressed with Permaul, thinks he compliments Narine really well and i think he might be in the test side again after impressing in the previous test series against Bang, at home him and Narine could be a decent partnership imo.

But anyway well done to Zim for getting over 200 again, Sibanda keeps getting starts, Erving have been a pain in the backside, Makadsa got a good score in the last game and Weller has stuck around a abit aswell so Zim can be hopeful of doing ok in the tests although clearly we'll be massive favorites.

In closing Dwayne Bravo has been great since he took up the captaincy and hopefully thats the end of Sammy, in the t20s i like him, but we just don't need him in the tests or one dayers anymore imo, it's time to move on now.

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
Has Sammy been dumped? I thought he was being rested with Gayle for this series. I take it's on the back of the poor result in the Australian series. Bravo has certainly taken to the role of captaincy well.

stumpski

International Captain
Nah, just rested. Querl is a good call, he has a good record in domestic Zim cricket and he's surely not thinking of England - he doesn't even have a county contract. Could it be that that the ZCU still want more black players than white in the team?

Chubb

International Regular
Would be good to get Querl in the team, but what about the rumours he's a chucker?

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
I've spoken to a few English county cricket fans on another forum about Querl. From those that have seen him bowl in the flesh for the Unicorns, when he's tries to bowl quicker is when his actions looks suspicous. It seems he has to bowl within self in order to keep his action tight.

Recently in the Logan Cup one of the other teams refused to come out of the dressing rooms after being forced to follow-on by the Tuskers because they believed Querl was chucking even though the umpires hadn't called him. Heath Streak, his coach was questioned about his action and he sought of brushed it off and stated the reason why he wasn't picked for the tour was because he "needed to get his papers sorted" which is Zimbabwean for we don't want to pick him but we won't say why.

From what I gather if he gets picked, get's called for chucking in an ICC game then ZCB have to pay to get his action tested which they don't want to do. If he still doesn't get picked in the next home series when "he's papers" are not an excuse then this is the best bet.

stumpski

International Captain
Heh, first post on today's game, which rather tells its own story. West Indies chasing a modest target - 131 - but they have lost a couple of wickets. Taylor out for 0, it's been a disappointing tour for him so far.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm really looking forward to the Tests. I was looking forward to the ODis too but they left me so cold that I didn't even bother watching today's T20.

Thank God Cremer is in the Test squad too; I still can't quite get over him being left out of the ODI squad.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Heh, first post on today's game, which rather tells its own story. West Indies chasing a modest target - 131 - but they have lost a couple of wickets. Taylor out for 0, it's been a disappointing tour for him so far.
No-one is bothered about the limited overs stuff because it was always gonna be tough for Zim tbh, especially in the t20s, i'm just looking forward to the tests really.

Stapel

International Regular
No-one is bothered about the limited overs stuff because it was always gonna be tough for Zim tbh, especially in the t20s, i'm just looking forward to the tests really.
I can't see how Zimbabwe can trouble the Windies in a proper test either.