• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ask Monk.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
The Tuesday (or whenever) column in which Monk answers your questions on all things cricket. Challenge him.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Are we supposed to be quizzing you with questions we know the answer to, or do we treat you like the Oracle to inform us?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Do fighting crickets that are taped to a ceiling fan and then the fan turned on really do better in subsequent fights?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Who has the second highest wicket per match ratio of those to take over 200 wickets if you exclude any batsman that have the letter "o" in their name?

Red

Are we supposed to be quizzing you with questions we know the answer to, or do we treat you like the Oracle to inform us?
The column is meant to be a homage/ripoff of Ask Steven on cricinfo. Whatever is becomes is something entirely open to your interpretation.

Red

Are you really the head of the kwik-e-mart?
No.

Do fighting crickets that are taped to a ceiling fan and then the fan turned on really do better in subsequent fights?
A better way to write this question would have been- "If you tape a fighting cricket to a ceiling fan, then turn the fan on, will the cricket do better in subsequent fights?"

What was Bradman's first chance average?
Bradman's first class average was 95.14. I know that's not what you asked, but I have no ****ing idea to work out his first chance average. So providing some answer is better than nothing. Also, I have it on good authority that his first chance average in the sack with Lady Jessie was nearly as high as his overall average.
what does it have in its pocketses
If it asks us, and we doesn't answer, then we does what it wants, eh?

****ing magnets, how do they work?
Excellent question on Valentines Day. Do opposites REALLY attract? I ****ing think not!

why do you guys wear orange overalls?
I have a theory that at some point in the near future, every person in the world will be required to wear orange or yellow hi-vis clothing every time they move.
What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
The unladen swallow is really quick, unlike the binladen swallow, which can be caught unawares.
Who has the second highest wicket per match ratio of those to take over 200 wickets?
An interesting question. Murali heads the list here with 6.02, and the next highest is Clarrie Grimmett on 5.84 wpm. Dale Steyn is prominent here as well, with a wpm ratio of 5.16, placing him above both Lillee and Hadlee.

Who has the second highest wicket per match ratio of those to take over 200 wickets if you exclude any batsman that have the letter "o" in their name?
Another great question (actually, it's ****ing ridiculous, but we want a good vibe in here). Btw, it's Hadlee. If you think I'm wrong, prove it....

where will essendon finish on roby's power rankings this season
wait wrong forum
Essendon will fold as a club before this season. Hell yes! #HatethemmorethanCollingwood.

when will bjdude reach 2000
Commitment and discipline are needed to achieve anything in life. CW included. He plots his own destiny in this regard.

why is a duck?
True. Even more so, a platypus? Ridiculous.

Last edited: