• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ask Monk.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
after a batsman scores a run when is the ball dead. When the bowler gets it back? what happens if the ball is returned to another fielder from the deep.
gfy Monk, I'm hijacking this thread -

In this situation, the ball is dead when it's settled in the hands of the keeper or bowler, or when the umpire thinks both the fielding side and the batsmen regard the play as over.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
How literally should you interpret the obstructing the field rule - if a batsman yells out drop it to put a fielder off is this out?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
When I was in high school we played against a keeper who somehow always broke the stumps before the ball got in from the outfield. He would then uproot the stump with one hand and wait for the ball to be thrown into him. Is this the correct procedure or do you have to wait for the ball to arrive before you uproot the stump.

Prensel

U19 Cricketer
Yes you should be given out if you verbally put the fielder off while he's trying to catch it.
What if you were to put your hand out to the other batsman and shout "NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO" until the ball got to the player catching and he drops it?

benchmark00

What if you were to put your hand out to the other batsman and shout "NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO" until the ball got to the player catching and he drops it?
It depends if the umpire deems it to be intentionally trying to disturb the fielder.

benchmark00

When I was in high school we played against a keeper who somehow always broke the stumps before the ball got in from the outfield. He would then uproot the stump with one hand and wait for the ball to be thrown into him. Is this the correct procedure or do you have to wait for the ball to arrive before you uproot the stump.
No you have to pull the stump out with ball in hand.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Do you know the muffin man? What is the point of an appendix?
I hope appendixes don't have a purpose. Mine is gone.
when somethings wrong in the neighbourhood who you gonna call?
Ray Parker Jr.
Will there ever be a boy able to swim faster than a shark?
Possibly my favourite sitcom quote, ever.
how can we sleep while our beds are burning?
Metaphors can be very troubling. Obviously, we can't sleep if our beds are literally burning. My insomnia means that I get very little sleep, regardless of the state and welfare of Australia's original inhabitants.
Which test player never made any contribution to his team? (never batted, never bowled, never took a catch)
Vijay Rajidernath never batted, never bowled, and never took a catch (but he did secure 4 stumpings).
Jack MacBryan played one test in which he didn't bat, bowl or take a catch (or a stumping!)
If I take a catch but the ball brushes the grass first is this out?
No.
:scooter: :@

Last edited: