• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG ODI World XIs Game

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I propose that we do something similar to this.

Obviously due to the nature of ODI cricket the process might be a little more difficult but I'd be willing to give it a stab unless those who ran the Test version would rather have a go?

I'll kick us off and we can take it from there..

Select Your Wicket Keeper (Indicate whether they are to bat as opener or middler order)
Mark Boucher, AB de Villiers, MS Dhoni, Adam Gilchrist, Kumar Sangakkara

Select Your Spinner
Abdul Qadir, Brad Hogg, Muttiah Muralitharan, Saeed Ajmal, Saqlain Mushtaq, Shane Warne

I kept the shortlists short and sweet for these as I think we can recognise there are only 2/3 contenders for each one.

watson

Banned
This is a very difficult choice. But since Michael "The Finisher" Bevan will most likely be included in the middle-order...

Gilchrist (opening)
Murali

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Brilliant thread idea :p

Dhoni and Muralitharan

EDIT - MS in the middle order

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
This is a very difficult choice. But since Michael "The Finisher" Bevan will most likely be included in the middle-order...

Gilchrist (opening)
Murali
I don't want Bevan in the team. But it's probably inevitable.