• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your biggest CW epiphany

watson

Banned
CW was cited in my divorce - tbf there was a time I'd have scanned the former Mrs Fertang's arse, but that rather slipped off the agenda as time passed
Nah, CW was never the problem.

I'd hazard a guess and reckon; (1) intolerence (2) a blinkered and heavily biased opinion of what's fair and what's not (3) deep rooted grudge bearing due to the inability to forgive minor issues (4) a childlike mentality which thinks that she constitutes the centre of the Universe and everyone else needs to appreciate that (5) a blatant disregard of the fact that no one human being can be perfect (6) an unawareness that there's more to life than being completely consumed by the selfish needs of children to the point of insanity (7) and a failure to appreciate the truth that we are all responsible for creating out own happiness. No one else is.

Am I about right?

Last edited:

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tangy's 6th marriage broke down due to his other half refusing to rate WG Grace as an all time great.

The divorce proceedings were long and ugly.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah, CW was never the problem.

I'd hazard a guess and reckon; (1) intolerence (2) a blinkered and heavily biased opinion of what's fair and what's not (3) deep rooted grudge bearing due to the inability to forgive minor issues (4) a childlike mentality which thinks that she constitutes the centre of the Universe and everyone else needs to appreciate that (5) a blatant disregard of the fact that no one human being can be perfect (6) an unawareness that there's more to life than being completely consumed by the selfish needs of children to the point of insanity (7) and a failure to appreciate the truth that we are all responsible for creating out own happiness. No one else is.

Am I about right?
She did live in Sydney for a couple of years in the 90s - had we been on speaking terms since you joined CW I dare say she'd have mentioned that she knew you - as it was all she talked about was the size of the ****roaches in her flat and the fact that she wasn't allowed to work, which is a bit rich really given her current situation ....................

fredfertang

Tangy's 6th marriage broke down due to his other half refusing to rate WG Grace as an all time great.

The divorce proceedings were long and ugly.
But that's not the one I'm talking about - as my spiritual adviser you really should keep up-to-date

Debris

International 12th Man
A lot of people are really obsessed with fantasy XI's and individual statistics. Game results, not so much.

harsh.ag

A lot of people are really obsessed with fantasy XI's and individual statistics. Game results, not so much.
If I think about it, then the reason why I might be somewhat obsessed with fantasy XIs and individual stats is because I care so much about game results. Time and again, we have witnessed how individual brilliance is not enough to win in test cricket. You need a team effort, a prolonged period of excellence in a game, and more than anything else, you need to want to win, you need a strong spirit which does not break and give way easily. That is why I think of fantasy XIs which I know will not lose due to lack of spirit and skill, but only if the other side well and truly outplays the other.

Think of the Aus 1998-07 side, WI 1975-88 side and the Aussie Invincibles and so on, yes there was individual brilliance but it was much more than that. See how SA are finally behaving the way Kallis and Smith have been urging them to do so for years, because of the Steyn-Philander-Morkel-Amla-Kallis-AB-Smith combo.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Only it'd be impossible to determine the spirit level of a team that exists exclusively in the realm of fantasy.