Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36

Thread: Your biggest CW epiphany

  1. #16
    International Debutant
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dunno. I say Marco you say Polo.
    Posts
    2,070
    Embarrasingly I'm a bit of a neanderthal when uploading photos Watson. Do you have Frith's pictorial book England v Australia? It has about 3 photos of O'Reilly with slips in view. However all are from the bowler's end and I'm suspicious this has the illusory effect on perspective of "compressing" his slips closer to the stumps. The same book has about 3 or 4 photos of Barnes' and its hard to gauge slip distance in them. However one is taken from the keeper's end and gives an idea of the depth of the slips. It is photo 362 at the top left of page 114. It is titled "Minnett cuts Barnes to the boundary"

    If a slip stood that far back to a spinner you'd think he was placed there to stop a boundary! As a comparison and beneath the photo is another of Rhodes playing Minnett. Again the only slip looks a fair distance back but seemingly not as far as Barnes' . In his cricinfo profile Minnett is described as fast medium.

    Edit: I'll ask my wife if she can upload the photo for me. I'll ask her if she can do a comparative of one showing Tiger.
    Last edited by the big bambino; 09-02-2013 at 06:54 PM.

  2. #17
    International Vice-Captain watson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,935
    Quote Originally Posted by the big bambino View Post
    Embarrasingly I'm a bit of a neanderthal when uploading photos Watson. Do you have Frith's pictorial book England v Australia? It has about 3 photos of O'Reilly with slips in view. However all are from the bowler's end and I'm suspicious this has the illusory effect on perspective of "compressing" his slips closer to the stumps. The same book has about 3 or 4 photos of Barnes' and its hard to gauge slip distance in them. However one is taken from the keeper's end and gives an idea of the depth of the slips. It is photo 362 at the top left of page 114. It is titled "Minnett cuts Barnes to the boundary"

    If a slip stood that far back to a spinner you'd think he was placed there to stop a boundary! As a comparison and beneath the photo is another of Rhodes playing Minnett. Again the only slip looks a fair distance back but seemingly not as far as Barnes' . In his cricinfo profile Minnett is described as fast medium.

    Edit: I'll ask my wife if she can upload the photo for me. I'll ask her if she can do a comparative of one showing Tiger.
    That would be nice. Perhaps put the photos in the SF Barnes thread?

    Although I don't want to be responsible for creating any marital disharmony - "You on that stupid CW website again. Why don't you do something useful like vacuum the floor. And no I won't be doing any scanning. You can scan my arse..." That sort of thing.
    "Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong" - Oscar Wilde

  3. #18
    International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    12,681
    I'd scan her arse

  4. #19
    Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    It is a far far better place ............ etc etc
    Posts
    12,047
    CW was cited in my divorce - tbf there was a time I'd have scanned the former Mrs Fertang's arse, but that rather slipped off the agenda as time passed


  5. #20
    International Debutant harsh.ag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,560
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    CW was cited in my divorced
    This is awesome times awesome, awesome squared
    If you were that old, and that kind, and the very last of your kind, you couldn't just stand back and watch children cry.

  6. #21
    International Vice-Captain watson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,935
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    CW was cited in my divorce - tbf there was a time I'd have scanned the former Mrs Fertang's arse, but that rather slipped off the agenda as time passed
    Nah, CW was never the problem.

    I'd hazard a guess and reckon; (1) intolerence (2) a blinkered and heavily biased opinion of what's fair and what's not (3) deep rooted grudge bearing due to the inability to forgive minor issues (4) a childlike mentality which thinks that she constitutes the centre of the Universe and everyone else needs to appreciate that (5) a blatant disregard of the fact that no one human being can be perfect (6) an unawareness that there's more to life than being completely consumed by the selfish needs of children to the point of insanity (7) and a failure to appreciate the truth that we are all responsible for creating out own happiness. No one else is.

    Am I about right?
    Last edited by watson; 10-02-2013 at 02:39 AM.

  7. #22
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    Tangy's 6th marriage broke down due to his other half refusing to rate WG Grace as an all time great.

    The divorce proceedings were long and ugly.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

    Thanks.

  8. #23
    International Vice-Captain watson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,935
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Tangy's 6th marriage broke down due to his other half refusing to rate WG Grace as an all time great.

    The divorce proceedings were long and ugly.
    Well I'm on her side then.

  9. #24
    Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    It is a far far better place ............ etc etc
    Posts
    12,047
    Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    Nah, CW was never the problem.

    I'd hazard a guess and reckon; (1) intolerence (2) a blinkered and heavily biased opinion of what's fair and what's not (3) deep rooted grudge bearing due to the inability to forgive minor issues (4) a childlike mentality which thinks that she constitutes the centre of the Universe and everyone else needs to appreciate that (5) a blatant disregard of the fact that no one human being can be perfect (6) an unawareness that there's more to life than being completely consumed by the selfish needs of children to the point of insanity (7) and a failure to appreciate the truth that we are all responsible for creating out own happiness. No one else is.

    Am I about right?
    She did live in Sydney for a couple of years in the 90s - had we been on speaking terms since you joined CW I dare say she'd have mentioned that she knew you - as it was all she talked about was the size of the cockroaches in her flat and the fact that she wasn't allowed to work, which is a bit rich really given her current situation ....................

  10. #25
    Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    It is a far far better place ............ etc etc
    Posts
    12,047
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Tangy's 6th marriage broke down due to his other half refusing to rate WG Grace as an all time great.

    The divorce proceedings were long and ugly.
    But that's not the one I'm talking about - as my spiritual adviser you really should keep up-to-date

  11. #26
    International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mrs Miggins pie shop
    Posts
    11,707
    Is Tangy trying to get a match ten for in divorces then?

  12. #27
    International Vice-Captain Monk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,757
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Tangy's 6th marriage broke down due to his other half refusing to rate WG Grace as an all time great.

    The divorce proceedings were long and ugly.
    But, uncovered pitches....

  13. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    india
    Posts
    152
    W.G's younger age pics

  14. #29
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    31,850
    For me it was in that thread where Warne was proven to be better than Murali.

  15. #30
    International Coach uvelocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    seamy road
    Posts
    11,784
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    The divorce proceedings were long and ugly.
    much like the head of c.lynn
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Biggest six
    By _Ed_ in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 138
    Last Post: 12-03-2012, 03:51 AM
  2. Who hits the biggest six?
    By Chriscricket in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 20-07-2011, 02:40 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-07-2010, 01:27 PM
  4. The Biggest Disgrace?
    By archie mac in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: 17-09-2009, 04:35 PM
  5. Biggest disapointment of the 2009 Ashes?
    By Pizzorno in forum Ashes 2009
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 24-08-2009, 06:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •