Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your biggest CW epiphany

International Debutant
    Embarrasingly I'm a bit of a neanderthal when uploading photos Watson. Do you have Frith's pictorial book England v Australia? It has about 3 photos of O'Reilly with slips in view. However all are from the bowler's end and I'm suspicious this has the illusory effect on perspective of "compressing" his slips closer to the stumps. The same book has about 3 or 4 photos of Barnes' and its hard to gauge slip distance in them. However one is taken from the keeper's end and gives an idea of the depth of the slips. It is photo 362 at the top left of page 114. It is titled "Minnett cuts Barnes to the boundary"

If a slip stood that far back to a spinner you'd think he was placed there to stop a boundary! As a comparison and beneath the photo is another of Rhodes playing Minnett. Again the only slip looks a fair distance back but seemingly not as far as Barnes' . In his cricinfo profile Minnett is described as fast medium.

Edit: I'll ask my wife if she can upload the photo for me. I'll ask her if she can do a comparative of one showing Tiger.
    Last edited by the big bambino; 09-02-2013 at 06:54 PM.

International Vice-Captain watson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the big bambino View Post
    Embarrasingly I'm a bit of a neanderthal when uploading photos Watson. Do you have Frith's pictorial book England v Australia? It has about 3 photos of O'Reilly with slips in view. However all are from the bowler's end and I'm suspicious this has the illusory effect on perspective of "compressing" his slips closer to the stumps. The same book has about 3 or 4 photos of Barnes' and its hard to gauge slip distance in them. However one is taken from the keeper's end and gives an idea of the depth of the slips. It is photo 362 at the top left of page 114. It is titled "Minnett cuts Barnes to the boundary"

If a slip stood that far back to a spinner you'd think he was placed there to stop a boundary! As a comparison and beneath the photo is another of Rhodes playing Minnett. Again the only slip looks a fair distance back but seemingly not as far as Barnes' . In his cricinfo profile Minnett is described as fast medium.

Edit: I'll ask my wife if she can upload the photo for me. I'll ask her if she can do a comparative of one showing Tiger.
    That would be nice. Perhaps put the photos in the SF Barnes thread?

Although I don't want to be responsible for creating any marital disharmony - "You on that stupid CW website again. Why don't you do something useful like vacuum the floor. And no I won't be doing any scanning. You can scan my arse..." That sort of thing.
    "Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong" - Oscar Wilde

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    I'd scan her arse

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    It is a far far better place ............ etc etc
    CW was cited in my divorce - tbf there was a time I'd have scanned the former Mrs Fertang's arse, but that rather slipped off the agenda as time passed

International Debutant harsh.ag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    CW was cited in my divorced
    This is awesome times awesome, awesome squared
    If you were that old, and that kind, and the very last of your kind, you couldn't just stand back and watch children cry.

Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    CW was cited in my divorce - tbf there was a time I'd have scanned the former Mrs Fertang's arse, but that rather slipped off the agenda as time passed
    Nah, CW was never the problem.

I'd hazard a guess and reckon; (1) intolerence (2) a blinkered and heavily biased opinion of what's fair and what's not (3) deep rooted grudge bearing due to the inability to forgive minor issues (4) a childlike mentality which thinks that she constitutes the centre of the Universe and everyone else needs to appreciate that (5) a blatant disregard of the fact that no one human being can be perfect (6) an unawareness that there's more to life than being completely consumed by the selfish needs of children to the point of insanity (7) and a failure to appreciate the truth that we are all responsible for creating out own happiness. No one else is.

Am I about right?
    Last edited by watson; 10-02-2013 at 02:39 AM.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Tangy's 6th marriage broke down due to his other half refusing to rate WG Grace as an all time great.

The divorce proceedings were long and ugly.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Tangy's 6th marriage broke down due to his other half refusing to rate WG Grace as an all time great.

Well I'm on her side then.

Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    Nah, CW was never the problem.

I'd hazard a guess and reckon; (1) intolerence (2) a blinkered and heavily biased opinion of what's fair and what's not (3) deep rooted grudge bearing due to the inability to forgive minor issues (4) a childlike mentality which thinks that she constitutes the centre of the Universe and everyone else needs to appreciate that (5) a blatant disregard of the fact that no one human being can be perfect (6) an unawareness that there's more to life than being completely consumed by the selfish needs of children to the point of insanity (7) and a failure to appreciate the truth that we are all responsible for creating out own happiness. No one else is.

Am I about right?
    She did live in Sydney for a couple of years in the 90s - had we been on speaking terms since you joined CW I dare say she'd have mentioned that she knew you - as it was all she talked about was the size of the cockroaches in her flat and the fact that she wasn't allowed to work, which is a bit rich really given her current situation ....................

But that's not the one I'm talking about - as my spiritual adviser you really should keep up-to-date

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Is Tangy trying to get a match ten for in divorces then?

International Vice-Captain Monk's Avatar

But, uncovered pitches....

Banned
    W.G's younger age pics

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    For me it was in that thread where Warne was proven to be better than Murali.

much like the head of c.lynn
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information