• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

best batsman since 2001

best test batsman since 2000/01

• Sachin Tendulkar

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • VVS Laxman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rahul Dravid

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Virender Sehwag

• Matthew Hayden

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Adam Gilchrist

• Ricky Ponting

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Steve Waugh

• Damien Martyn

• Brian Lara

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Micheal Vaughan

• Greame Smith

• Herschelle Gibbs

• Inzamam-ul Haq

• Sanath Jayasurya

• Nathan Astle

• Andy Flower

• Habibul Bashar

• Any other (specify)

• Total voters

iamdavid

International Debutant
amits said:
my vote and debate is yet to come. it will come after i c 30 votes.
Laughs are hard to come by these days , so...............

*waits impatiently for Amits vote & argument*

krkode

State Captain
My personal vote went to Tendulkar, just because I like him so much, but if I could vote more than one, I'd say it would be a tie between Tendulkar, Hayden, Lara, and Dravid.

Eclipse

International Debutant
krkode said:
My personal vote went to Tendulkar, just because I like him so much, but if I could vote more than one, I'd say it would be a tie between Tendulkar, Hayden, Lara, and Dravid.
Replace Ponting with Dravid and I would agree with that list. They have all done really well.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Eclipse said:
Replace Ponting with Dravid and I would agree with that list. They have all done really well.
:O :O . Dravid is averaging above 60 since 2001 and Tendulkar around 52 and so if Tendulkar is there then Dravid has got to be there.

iamdavid

International Debutant
vishnureddy said:
:O :O . Dravid is averaging above 60 since 2001 and Tendulkar around 52 and so if Tendulkar is there then Dravid has got to be there.
I beleive we are taking both forms of the game into account here ;) , Sachin's ODI figures since 2001 quite remarkable.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Eclipse said:
It's a bit hard to replace someone who's not there with someone who is.;)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
It's a bit hard to replace someone who's not there with someone who is.;)
So he accidentally got the names the wrong way round.

That's no reason to ppoint it out, when it was obvious what he meant.

Bazza

International 12th Man
I just voted for Ponting.

It looks like the votes have gone in the right direction - I recently looked up Lara in his last 19 tests (ie 2 years) I think had 2000+ runs at about 67 with 6 hundreds and 3 doubles.

Dravid had very similar stats, but Ponting stole the show with I think an average of about 89!

Tom Halsey

International Coach
According to HowStat:

Batting Performances for 2 Years to 19/12/2003

R T Ponting (AUS) 76.70

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
vishnureddy said:
Tendulkar is around 45 since 2001 in Tests.

krkode

State Captain
I don't think it's all about numbers. More so, it's about how important said player was to his team.

That is why I think Brian Lara and Dravid take the cake for tests and Tendulkar for ODIs. More so than Ponting, since he's had Hayden, Waugh, Langer and co. in good touch along side him giving off stellar performances almost as often as he.