Thread: India v Pakistan: A Bat & Ball War (1999 Tour Documentary)

India v Pakistan: A Bat & Ball War (1999 Tour Documentary)

I was reading an excellent blog piece about the classic Chennai Test between India/Pak and the author linked to the documentary below. The documentary is about Pakistan's 1999 tour to India and covers the Test series. Fascinating stuff. Besides capturing the tension, ebb and flow, and momentum shifts of the matches themselves, the doc does a great job of capturing the emotions of players and fans alike. Some stuff that I really enjoyed:

- Wasim and Tendu having a friendly chit chat at a practice session inquiring about the well-being of the their respective wives.

- The dressing room stuff is excellent. Wasim, Javed, and the team coach motivating the players. The players joking around with each other.

- Wasim giving a pep-talk on the field to the players and telling them they can get India all out for less than 50 (the target of win for India) and Anwar helpfully pointing out "it happened to us".

- The moment that still gives me chills to this day is Pakistan taking a victory lap around the ground while the Chennai crowd gives them a standing ovation. What incredible class!

India v Pakistan: A Bat & Ball War (1999)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    - The moment that still gives me chills to this day is Pakistan taking a victory lap around the ground while the Chennai crowd gives them a standing ovation. What incredible class!
    In my 15-20 years of watching cricket, i havent experienced anything as great as that moment. Privileged to have been there at the ground

Ftr, i wasnt one of those who applauded them. I was still pissed at Mongia for his shot and devastated at the loss. I dont even remember how much i cried.

Watching the doc now... childhood memories flooding back
    Last edited by Satyanash89; 03-02-2013 at 01:07 PM.

lol at mongia's dismissal. I thought for a moment Afridi had changed sides.

knowing Mongia's history with match fixing not sure what to make of it.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    an awesome piece on the chennai test
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

International Debutant Black_Warrior's Avatar
    One of the greatest test matches I have seen and overall a great series (we won 2-1 **** you Asian Test Championship )

Still remember that moment when Akram took that catch..and his bowling in the second innings..to get Dravid..unbelievable stuff

Thread Information