• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

When does Dirk Nannes qualify for Holland again?

brockley

International Captain
World Cup 2015?
Would be good to see him wear the Orange again,he is based in England now,altho had a poor English T20 last year.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It'd be four years from his last Oz apperance, whenever that was.

Although if it's close the Dutch might get special dispensation like the Irish did for Ed Joyce.

EDIT: Or what Furball said...

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He'd be pretty old for a fast/fast-medium bowler by the time he's eligible for the Dutch again.

And besides, Mrs. Borren makes a mean sunday roast.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He started late and doesn't play FC cricket though. His sporting background means he'll probably be fit for a while at least.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He started late and doesn't play FC cricket though. His sporting background means he'll probably be fit for a while at least.
He doesn't play 50 over cricket anymore either though so getting him up for bowling ten overs a match two years from now does seem like a bit of a pipe dream. Would be cool to see it happen though; Holland have quite a few players who play/played in Test countries' First Class setups now.

uvelocity

International Coach
for this reason he surprises me more though, i'd have thought his skills would atrophy much like the older batsmen gilly, hayden etc have done. I'm sure those guys and many fans would have expected them to be able to hit and giggle for longer than they did. nannes is a freak

benchmark00

for this reason he surprises me more though, i'd have thought his skills would atrophy much like the older batsmen gilly, hayden etc have done. I'm sure those guys and many fans would have expected them to be able to hit and giggle for longer than they did. nannes is a freak
Nannes still plays all year round though...

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Most important news in this thread is that regarding the quality of Mrs Borren's sunday roasts. This is an undisputed fact.

Daemon

I'm not sure how much fitness skiing requires but it might have played a part

the big bambino

International Captain
Nannes is a freak alright. Love to see him bowl. Fires rockets in his 1st over or 2. Admittedly drops a bit after that.

benchmark00

Major teams: Australia, Netherlands, Canterbury, Delhi Daredevils, Lions, Melbourne Renegades, Middlesex, Mountaineers, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Surrey, Sylhet Royals, Victoria