• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Australia contracts.

brockley

International Captain
It kind of feels like the end of the summer,with the Windies not competing,an anti climax.
Probably contracts will be named after the India Tour.
Will be interesting which bats get a contract,maybe Hughes,Khawajah and Cowan.
Would be surprised if they pick so many bowlers this time,last time it was 7/8 fast bowlers vs 5/6 batsmen.Some tough calls here.
Wonder if Haddin keeps his as reserve keeper position,Dave Hussey is definitely gone.
Interesting where Henriques,Faulkner and Maxwell figure.
I guess time for discussion.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hughes will definitely get one. Maxwell will probably get one.

If it's 17 spots I would imagine something like:

Clarke, Warner, Hughes, Watson, Wade, Siddle, Pattinson, Lyon, Starc, Bird, Johnson, Maxwell, Cowan, Khawaja, Bailey and Doherty will all get one.

The last spot will go to some token NSW player be it Henriques, Cummins, Haddin or Hazlewood. I guess McKay might be close too considering he's currently doing well in ODI's.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
List at the moment:

Michael Clarke, Patrick Cummins, Xavier Doherty, Brad Haddin, Ryan Harris, Ben Hilfenhaus, David Hussey, Mike Hussey, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Johnson, James Pattinson, Ricky Ponting, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Shane Watson.

Safe: Clarke, Doherty, Lyon, Johnson (shudder), Pattinson, Siddle, Starc, Wade, Warner and Watson
Definitely out: Harris, David Hussey, Mike Hussey, Ricky Ponting
Definitely in: Bird and Hughes
Five of the following to make up the rest: Cummins, Maxwell, Haddin, Hilfenhaus, Brad Haddin, Henriques, Cowan, Khawaja

brockley

International Captain
My guess at the 17
Batsmen Cowan,Warner,Hughes,Clarke,Watson and Khawajah.
Keepers Haddin and Wade.Haddin is gonna be playing a lot, ,one dayers and test reserve.
Spinners Doherty and Lyon.
Allrounder Maxwell.
Pace Bird,Starc,Siddle,Mckay,Johnson and Pattinson,status quo.

Bailey and Cummins,well they picked 6 batsmen last time so Bailey misses out,Cummins outside the status quo,must be 18 months since he played South Africa . Henriques a tough one,and Smith ah no,doubt he will not go to the Ashes.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I don't really get how Haddin is ahead of Bailey though.

Haddin as a backup keeper for Tests probably fair enough puts him ahead of Bailey in Tests, but Bailey is currently a pretty fixed option in our ODI side and is obviously our T20 captain so should get a good rating there.

It does look like there is about 20 players (who we all think) trying to get a contract.

brockley

International Captain
I just thought they'd have a 2nd wickie in the squad,unless Haddin retires.
They could always not offer Cowan a contract again making room for Bailey.Or maybe no contract for Khawajah.
On T20 captain White was captain and didn't get a CA contract but see your point.

Sarun

U19 Debutant
They could not have Maxwell in and have both Bailey and Haddin.

List at the moment:

Michael Clarke, Patrick Cummins, Xavier Doherty, Brad Haddin, Ryan Harris, Ben Hilfenhaus, David Hussey, Mike Hussey, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Johnson, James Pattinson, Ricky Ponting, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Shane Watson.

Safe: Clarke, Doherty, Lyon, Johnson (shudder), Pattinson, Siddle, Starc, Wade, Warner and Watson
Five of the following to make up the rest: Cummins, Maxwell, Haddin, Hilfenhaus, Brad Haddin, Henriques, Cowan, Khawaja
Haddin is liking his chances in your list.:ph34r:

Last edited:

benchmark00

List at the moment:

What was I smoking when I made this post?

It should be this:

Definitely in: Bird, Bailey and Hughes
Four of the following to make up the rest: Cummins, Maxwell, Haddin, Hilfenhaus, Henriques, Cowan, Khawaja

I forgot Bailey and named Haddin twice.

brockley

International Captain
State contracts who safe for next year.
NSW Henry,Smith.Nevill,Henriques,O'keefe,Zampa,Bollinger,Copeland and Hazelwood.
QLD Burns,Reardo,Hopes,Hartley,Cutting,Feldman,Gannon and Mcdermott.
WA Marsh,Voges,Whiteman,N C Nile,M Marsh,M Hussey,Behrendorf,Davis.
SA Klinger,Ferguson,Head,Christian.Ludeman,Botha.Mennie,Sayers,Richardson,Putland,Ross and Haberfield.
Tas Dunk,Cosgrove,Ponting,Doolan.Bailey,Paine,Faulkner,Gulbris,Buterworth,Kregja,Laughlin.
Vics Rogers,Quiney,Finch,D Hussey,White,Handscomb,Hastings,Mcdonald,Holland,Hill.Pattinson.Boland, and Herrick.

aussie tragic

International Captain
List at the moment:

You forgot Bailey, Cowan and Maxwell who all earned contracts through matches played since the initial list.

So with 20 currently contracted and Ponting, Mussey, Dussey and Harris out and maybe Haddin, it may be the remaining 15 plus Bird and Khawaja.

Last edited:

brockley

International Captain
Must be named soon,1 test to go,Hughes looks shakey,will Haddin retire,so many question,Cummins and Harris?

brockley

International Captain
I gather the 17 will be Cowan, Warner, Hughes, Watson, Clarke, Smithm Wade, Henriques,Starc, Siddle, Harris, Bird, Pattinson, Lyon. Bailey, Doherty and Mckay.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Cummins should still get one, just so CA has the extra control over what he does if nothing else.

Spikey

CA will probably be able to assert control via PONI methods

I'd be surprised to see Henriques in there.