• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL Auction

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i don't get why, when these players go back up, their reserve prices remain. start from 20K ffs

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
i don't get why, when these players go back up, their reserve prices remain. start from 20K ffs
Because that's the minimum price they can be ****ed putting in the effort for. Why would Clarke bother heading halfway across the world for 20k when it'd probably barely replace his loose change?

sphynx

U19 Debutant
Hilarious that Finch and Rohrer went unsold, Pomersbach for a measly 300, im not sure on S.Marsh's contract; those 4 were clearly the best batsmen in the BBL this year, and Maxwell goes for 1 millions, why? Because he can throw down some tweakers? I'm pretty sure I saw Finch bowl a few overs during this season......

Maxwell can hit a ball, sure, but I saw Finch hit a shot that probably would of broken the fox tracker if it didn't smash into the roof of Etihad stadium, when looking under it, it would of gone into the 3rd deck of Etihad stadium, 120+ imo........

Maxwell is no more powerful than Finch or Pomserbach when they get going, and they are alot more consistent.

Im less surprised about Richardson, the kid has a massive future, especially in the short formats, can bowl genuine 150km/h heat, a good yorker, and swings it consistently, will be worth the money, and will probably be Australia's regular opening parter with Starc in ODI's in the future imo.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Maxwell's an allrounder who hits sixes. That fact triples your actual value.

Rohrer going unsold is a big surprise, but he doesn't go 666666666 nearly enough for the IPL's tastes. It's either do that or have a recognisable name if you want a contract.

Finch screwed over by mediocre international returns in the week leading up to the auction.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
The whole thing's a load of ****. I couldn't care less.

LegendaryProtea

School Boy/Girl Captain
So many talented foreign players are just going to warm the bench for the entire tournament. It's really about time they consider increasing the foreign player limit to 5 (this way majority of the players are still Indian but we get to see more talent on show).

centurymaker

International Captain
so many talented foreign players are just going to warm the bench for the entire tournament. It's really about time they consider increasing the foreign player limit to 5 (this way majority of the players are still indian but we get to see more talent on show).
yes!!!

sonnench

U19 12th Man
I much prefer the Champions League to the IPL, but will still watch it anyway. Would be better if they did allow more foreigners to play, people of countries would watch just to see how their fellow countryman does.

Always pick a team before the tournament to support, but will wait till the squads are finalized. The sunrisers are off the good start with de Kock though :D

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Anyone seen the fielding standard in the IPL? That gives Maxwell an extra $200,000.

As when Christian got his dosh, there is always a bit of extra interest in a guy who can make runs straight away down the order. There are a million batsmen who can smoke them batting in the top 3, when they get some time at the crease, but not many can reel off 25 from 15 at the death on a consistent basis.

To be fair, Maxwell has not done it on a consistent basis; and he's certainly not worth what he's getting IMO, but that helps explain how these guys like him and Christian get such big prices.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
that doesn't explain big ben you inconsiderate arsehole! #everythingisaboutben

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yes, was supposed to add that at the end. Don't understand how Rohrer can be overlooked, such a genius at a rare role.