• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Women's World Cup 2013

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Surely if you were the Aussies you'd be doing a bit of a collapse here? Face Windies in the final instead of the winner of England/NZ?

stumpski

International Captain
That must have occurred to them I'm sure, but given that they've never lost to the Windies before it would cause a good deal of suspicion, to say the least. As it is they're making hard work of it, 97-4 chasing 165. England batting first and making a steady start. Sarah Taylor has made three ducks so far! Might be a few nerves when she comes in.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I'm on tenterhooks over this. Will Australia be ruthless and throw the game? Or will they chicken out and wrap this one up?

thierry henry

International Coach
Just switched over to watch 5 minutes of this. Comm says "Holly Ferling has been delighting the crowds with her effervescence"

Looked her up- yep, babe

stumpski

International Captain
Pity she wasn't able to get her team home though - West Indies won by 8 runs.

No use England blaming the Aussies though, we should have beaten Sri Lanka.

Australia to smash West Indies in the final, naturally. :dry:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Well that's probably the most suspicious loss I've ever seen, but really there's no getting away from England having an awful tournament.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, yeah. 35 needed of the last ten with 6 wickets in hand. Also 3 run outs at the end. :laugh:

Still, fair play to the girls for going through with the dive so brazenly.

Dydl

International Debutant
Well, I know our batting has been a tad inconsistent and prone to collapses this tournament, but such a drastic deterioration does raise some eyebrows. Should have won that game. An England vs Australia final would probably have been better viewing, no matter the result.

Hope Perry and Coyte are fit for the final. Mainly Pez, I've missed seeing her bowl. Few actions better to watch in the women's game. Admittedly harder to appreciate when standing at the other end trying not to get clean bowled, but it's great through a TV set.

West Indies to apparently rise up the ODI rankings from 5 to either 1 or 2 depending on the result on Sunday.

Himannv

International Coach
I have to say, this Super Six thing has worked really well.

Sadly we're at the bottom of the table, but I credit our players for making it this far. Hopefully we can use this as a stepping stone and improve.