• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Women's World Cup 2013

Himannv

International Coach
Managed to catch the highlights. Tight finish in the end but this is a fairly significant result for SL.

Sarun

U19 Debutant
On wider aspects of women's cricket, I think they should host more bilateral matches between women's teams alongside their respective men's sides.Like int he coming Australia tour of India (men's side), they should have women's side have a similar tour. There arr atleast 1 other stadium in Chennai and Hyderbad. Have 2 Test (for women) matches there. Then have 3 women's ODI at North (Kanpur, Dharmasala & Jaipur) when the men go up North to have tests at Mohali and Delhi.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My ex coach is umpiring the Ind Pak game atm. Hope he doesn't make blunders.

Last edited:

Sarun

U19 Debutant
I doubt anything he does in that game would see much coverage. Hope for the best for him though.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah my bad, not sure why I wrote Pak. I was even watching the game at the time lol.

Гурин

School Boy/Girl Captain
Stafanie Taylor, 171 in 137 against SL. Sounds like it was an hell of an innings, I have to catch the highlights later.

Too bad 3 teams qualifies, WI-Eng would have been a killer game.

Himannv

International Coach
Watched India vs. England today. Game dragged along a bit but England were too good. Some poor decisions by the captain though. Her best bowler didn't even complete 10 overs. Wyatt & Taylor <3

Couldn't watch SL vs. West Indies but based on the score I probably wouldn't have been pleased to witness it. Might be worth catching that 171 on highlights though.

Himannv

International Coach
Did the Indian looking umpire make any mistakes?
From what I watched, I didn't think so. Most of the decisions seemed fair.

One of the third umpire calls were probably wrong though, but that was a comparatively trivial matter.

Dydl

International Debutant
I thought India were a half-decent side? Getting absolutely caned by Sri Lanka atm.
They were ranked 3rd in ODIs before this tournament, above New Zealand. Such a smashing is a pretty decent upset. Sri Lanka are a fast-improving side. England would have been hoping for a different result. Looking forward to the England vs Australia clash!

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Australia collapsed here.

England have used the conditions very well, and commentators a bit unhappy about the match starting early.