• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shane Warne's Argus Review

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
I would have liked for him to expand on his nominations and their roles, otherwise it is a pretty meh article. I reckon Warne is the type of person to intuitively know what is wrong, be able to help fix it, but probably can't communicate it in a very eloquent way.
His explanation of his nominations is that they are all his mates - it's boy's club all over again. Some recently retired great Australian players are notably absent from this "mate's list".

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
The thing is, his mates were part of great sides, were very good-to-great cricketers and who communicate well. So, I don't think he just wants to get his mates jobs but that he truly thinks there is something to their success.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
warne isn't the first guy to say his best friends would be totally awesome at this job

and be totally wrong

Spikey

spark dying to get this discussion over before part 2 is released and it's revealed Warne wants spark appointed as head of communications

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I would have liked for him to expand on his nominations and their roles, otherwise it is a pretty meh article. I reckon Warne is the type of person to intuitively know what is wrong, be able to help fix it, but probably can't communicate it in a very eloquent way.
Not really, the jist of what he is saying is pretty clear, and you either agree or disagree. If you think solely cricket people (and successful ones at that) should be running the team AND the game, then you agree with him. Whether you actually fully agree with his names or have other names in mind, the contention is the same.

I for one disagree with him, and not because he didn't communicate his point eloquently.

Spikey

quite like Kimber's opening response
"Cricket is a simple game."

Shane Warne, 2013.

No, it really isn't. It's probably one of the most complicated games ever invented. It has an infinite amount of strategies involved in it. It combines chess, golf and psychological torture, is physically unnatural and is played on a surface that lives, breathes and changes.
Australia Cricket Features: Not such a simple game, Shane | ESPN Cricinfo

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
****ing great article. So many great quotes from Kimber there.

Spikey you'd be so happy with his put-down of Langer. Brilliant.

Top_Cat

Nah bollocks to that, Bencheh's not a fundie on that point like Warne is.

I might add that Kimber's article ain't perfect either. He falls back on the tired 'team in transition' trope. By that logic, if they're not number 1, they're a team in transition. Bull****.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah bollocks to that, Bencheh's not a fundie on that point like Warne is.
That's only because Benchy has not played any tests. So his current policy is test cricketers + benchmark00 who has valid opinions.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I might add that Kimber's article ain't perfect either. He falls back on the tired 'team in transition' trope. By that logic, if they're not number 1, they're a team in transition. Bull****.
Think a team that lost Ponting and Hussey in a couple of months warrants being called a team in transition. If that happened and they were #1 they'd still be a team in transition, just one that is winning all the time.