• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shane Warne's Argus Review

howardj

International Coach
Thank God for Warnie

Rest and rotate when you're 4th in the world in ODI's?

John Hastings in Perth for the Grand Final?

Bobby Quinney at first drop against the world champs?

Xavier Doherty for India?

Starting the Big Bash before the holidays?

Dropping Mr Cricket on the premise of looking to the future and then selecting Brad Haddin?

Resting Siddle and Hilf, and then retrospectively saying they were carrying injuries?

Australian cricket just tries to be funky. You can't impose yourself by doing the obvious (picking your best team, and being conventiiona). Hence the current lot tries to be cutting-edge, and left field.

Please just go to basics, and be desperate, and act like you are the 3rd ranked Test team, and 4th ranked ODI team (which we are)

Trying to be funky when you're way down the rankings is just sad

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't even think it looks that bad per se other than Damien ****ing Martyn as a selector. Every single state cricketer would end up playing for Australia over a two year period.

howardj

International Coach
Oh and the hierarchy saying that Watson is not worthy of a place in the team, unless he can bowl

Ed Cowan is more worthy

These guys are just funky

howardj

International Coach
mind you, for a guy who thought coaches were for driving to and from the ground, he has managed to appoint four mates to the roles as coach, assistant coach, batting coach and bowling coach...and Chapps as a consultant!

Last edited:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I would have liked for him to expand on his nominations and their roles, otherwise it is a pretty meh article. I reckon Warne is the type of person to intuitively know what is wrong, be able to help fix it, but probably can't communicate it in a very eloquent way.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I would have liked for him to expand on his nominations and their roles, otherwise it is a pretty meh article. I reckon Warne is the type of person to intuitively know what is wrong, be able to help fix it, but probably can't communicate it in a very eloquent way.
his problem seems to be not enough past australian greats are in vital positions. great communications skills can't fix that stupid opinion up

i guess we should be pleased he didn't go on about how 'foreigners' are in positions good aussie blokes can fill though...

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
remember when we made justin langer batting coach cause he's a great guy who was a great player

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
his problem seems to be not enough past australian greats are in vital positions. great communications skills can't fix that stupid opinion up

i guess we should be pleased he didn't go on about how 'foreigners' are in positions good aussie blokes can fill though...
He probably would've said that if he didn't want to appoint Stephen Fleming.

ajdude

International Coach
Warne can write anything longer 140 characters? :huh:
nah this actually wasn't written by warne, warne wrote up a draft but it had too many motivational quotes and "xoxoxo"s directed at his beautiful kids in it