• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shane Warne's Argus Review

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Warney a big Darsh and Coulter-Nile fan.

20/20 team
(Watson will be fit when the next 20/20 is played.)

1. Finch
2. Warner
3. Marsh S
4. Watson
5. Maxwell
6. Wade (C)
7. Faulkner
8. Coulter-Nile
9. Starc
10. McKay
11. Doherty

12. Beer
13. Cutting
14. Henriques or M Marsh when fit.
15. M Johnson

1-day team
(Watson comes back in when fit for whatever batsman is not performing)

1. Finch
2. Warner
3. Marsh S
4. Clarke (C)
5. Bailey
6. Wade
7. Maxwell (Floater)
8. Faulkner
9. Coulter-Nile
10. Starc
11. McKay

12. Hauritz
13. Henriques
14. Marsh M
15. M Johnson

Test team
(My squad of 18 players. Watson will be fit when the next test is played)

1. Warner
2. Watson
3. Marsh S
4. Clarke (C)
5. Ferguson
6. Wade
7. Faulkner
8. Coulter-Nile
9. Siddle
10. Pattinson
11. Lyon

12. Hughes P
13. Maxwell
14. Starc
15. Khawaja
16. Harris R
17. Henriques
18. Jackson Bird

This is the sqad of players that I think can help us get back to Number 1 in the world.

I actually quite like his two short form teams if you take out Finch and bring in Watto.
Yep. You gotta pick your best XI.

the big bambino

International Captain
I'll stand in front of the bullets. I think Maxwell is pretty good. Being hyped as the big show doesn't help. His off spin suit creates the impression he's just a bits and pieces cricketer when it should be seen as an advantageous extra to his batting. The lad can field. He can be a bit of a tit as his run in with SL shows. Young man syndrome.

I hope they don't pigeon hole him like they did Warner initially and his selection in the test squad to India is an indication he is seen more than a LO slogger. Its good that he's mentioned an ambition to open ODIs. I think he sees his future as primarily a batsman and thats his main talent. His eye is so good and his batting so potentially destructive I think he's worth picking and pushing forward.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Met the bloke, he seemed good chap. Had a good chat. Was happy to give him the benefit of the doubt. Didn't think he did a bad job at Pakistan either.

Anyway I've read you say you dislike him on here before so fair enough.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Look at this bloke name drop. Not like I would ever mention cricketers that I have met on here.

:kwasny:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Really dont get the love for Coulter-Nile

Cutting does everything he does (quickish, no movement, bounce, not the worst hitter) and has an infinitely better record yet I dont see too many of us clammering for his inclusion in all 3 formats

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I think not having Starc in the test team is pretty ridiculous, Warney.

Has Bailey booked his spot at #6 now?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Have had dealings with Cracker actually. Cracker Holdsworth doesn't mind Cracker Holdsworth.
I could have sworn Holdsworth played a single test. Guess not.

By the way, check his cricinfo profile.

Known as "Cracker", Wayne Holdsworth is a genuine pace bowler.

Holdsworth had his best season in 1992/93, claiming 53 first-class wickets at 25.96 including a career-best 7/41 to bowl New South Wales to victory in the Shield final against Queensland. This performance led to his inclusion in the 1993 Ashes touring squad, during which he claimed a hat-trick against Derbyshire.

The stockily-built "quick" has struggled to recapture his form and a consistent place in the NSW team since his tour of England, and is looking to once again find his rhythm and pace.

Holdsworth enjoys bowling on any ground, however his afvourite is the Gabba, a wicket he feels suits his style of aggressive fast bowling. Apart from cricket, Holdsworth teaches at Westfields Sports High School.

He enjoys participating in most other sports.
Surely this was written by "Cracker", or a remedial student at Westfield High? :laugh:

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Also because starc refused to get plastic surgery to fix his acne scars like warne suggested he do.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Really dont get the love for Coulter-Nile

Cutting does everything he does (quickish, no movement, bounce, not the worst hitter) and has an infinitely better record yet I dont see too many of us clammering for his inclusion in all 3 formats
i can't believe i feel kinda the same