• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** West Indies in Australia 2012/13

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good first game under lights for Manuka, was good to see Jono Dean score some runs even if he is from Queanbeyan. Was on the supps list for Renegades in the big bash this year and the Scorchers the year before, his work today should get him a gig somewhere next year surely.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Looking forward to this tour, real shame Samuels is missing as he's been our best batsman by a mile for the last year and his bowling would have been handy too, now to the match, well what can i say? never nice to lose but all in all i think we got what we needed out of it, bowlers toiled hard and some key batsmen spent some time at the crease, one being Sarwan who really needed that knock, his confidence took at beating when he was dropped and if he can return to top form then it would be fantastic for our team, especially at test level,

As for the young man Powell, he's been utterly fantastic over the past six months of so where he's scored around five tons at all levels, the more this lad plays the better he's getting, it was nice to see Russell show us why he's rated so highly with the bat in this format aswell, as lately he's been crap tbh, also have to give a shout out to Narine, took a bit of stick of late but today he really showed what he's capable of, and if that form continues the series is gonna be interesting, cause really in the caribbean last year Australia just couldn't cope with him,

I think Gibbo is gonna have some decisions to make, Sammy was pathetic with the ball and so was Bravo and Best, i think we're gonna need Jason Holder in that line-up somewhere or the bowling might come up short, Pollard shouldn't be relied upon imo, despite doing well today, five overs from him and Dwayne Bravo is enough, the team i'd pick would be..

Gayle
Powell
Sarwan
Darren Bravo
Dwayne Bravo
Pollard
Thomas (wk)
Sammy
Holder
Narine
Roach

Holder is a genuine strike bowler and has more pace than Russell, Sammy and Dwayne Bravo, plus he can bat aswell (scored 49 against Australia in a warm up match last year), may be harsh on Russell but there's no point playing the Aussies if our attack is gonna let them score 270 plus every game.

So for the bowlers it would be

Gayle= five overs
Sammy= five overs
Bravo= five overs
Pollard= five overs
Narine= ten overs
Holder= ten overs
Roach= ten overs

Thats a good mixture, if Polly or Sammy are keeping it tight then they can easily keep going, if not there's plenty of options.

Daemon

Are there any genuine finishers around in the domestic scene? Pollard's just been consistently shown up at the top level I feel.

Rampaul should play imo, but Sammy's hogging that spot of course.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Are there any genuine finishers around in the domestic scene? Pollard's just been consistently shown up at the top level I feel.

Rampaul should play imo, but Sammy's hogging that spot of course.
Most of the big hitters are already in the i.e Sammy, Russell, Pollard etc, there are a few decent batters coming up who have potential but they aren't ready for the big stage yet, i guess someone like Chesney Hughes might be worth looking at soon as he's good with both bat and ball,

As for Rampaul, he's is injured at the moment which is why he make the squad, i just hope the selectors use their heads and give young Holder a chance, many in the caribbean believe he could be the next Ambrose.

Burgey

Samuels aside, Windies team looks loads better with Sarwan in it. Good player.

Burgey

Is this part of Australia's Biggest Dress Up Party? Because I just know if it is, some ****wits will decide to black up and pretend they're Viv Richards.