• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

comical error in cricinfo

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
For Australia, Andy Bichel kept running in like the Duracell bunny, getting occasional steepling bounce where none existed.
This was written in the cricinfo daily bulletin for ind/aus test. Even though it was a well written article, this was quite comical unless there has been a diferent advert in the rest of the world that I have missed...the bunny was of energizer and not duracell, and it was quite well-known. Surprising that someone would make such a silly error writing for wisden cricinfo.

PY

International Coach
Duracell bunny is a phrase used in UK and there was a series of adverts with bunnies in them from both companies I seem to remember.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I find
getting occasional steepling bounce where none existed.
rather more amusing.
How on Earth can you get something that doesn't exist?
And I can confirm that there is an advert, here in Britain at least, of Duracell bunnies.

Gems

Cricket Spectator
Yes, the Duracell bunny it is over here in the UK. And from what I seem to remember, it's pink...:rolleyes:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Gems said:
Yes, the Duracell bunny it is over here in the UK. And from what I seem to remember, it's pink...:rolleyes:
I saw the thing about 5 minutes after reading this thread and if I remember rightly it's the "other" bunny that's pink, the Duracell-powered one is orange.:rolleyes:

Andre

International Regular
Not to mention the following....

8.1 Vaas to Trescothick, one run, short and wide outside the off stump, cut away to the sqaure leg region, quick single taken

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Andre said:
Not to mention the following....

8.1 Vaas to Trescothick, one run, short and wide outside the off stump, cut away to the sqaure leg region, quick single taken
Clearly he inside edged the cut onto his pad and it rolled to square leg... one can only assume...

roofromoz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
royGilchrist said:
Energizer Bunny

Here is the energizer bunny, which was one of the popular commercials for a long time in North America. But maybe duracell have copied that as well.
We have the Duracell Bunny, and for Energizer, this hyperactive thing in the shape of a battery who always says "Never Say Die". Always raises a smile when I see the ad.