• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Pakistan safe for international cricket?

:mellow:
An international union of cricketers has advised its members not to play cricket in Pakistan due to security concerns. Pakistani cricketers, however, say a boycott would be tantamount to surrendering to extremists.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
:mellow:
An international union of cricketers has advised its members not to play cricket in Pakistan due to security concerns. Pakistani cricketers, however, say a boycott would be tantamount to surrendering to extremists.
No it's not safe and that is just emotional blackmail by the PCB to get cricket back in Pakistan.

Fusion

Global Moderator
It's absolutely not safe and completely absurd for the PCB to expect any international player to tour, in any format of the game.

What PCB needs to focus on is to develop the domestic game. Also, for a cricket crazed nation, there's no reason the PSL can't work even without the international stars. The city-provincial rivalries should ensure enough excitement and drama.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Given that Pakistani members say it isn't safe, I doubt it's safe, lol.
Pakistan is actually a lot safer than what the media portrays. The concern however is that these cricketers could actively be targeted by TTP or various other groups. I mean they got into the most secured military compound in Pakistan, so who is going to stop them attacking a few cricketers. I will be very uneasy throughout the whole PSL if they manage to get some non Pakistanis.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Me, Slowfinger, Bouncer, realist and Yas are in the UK. Fusion and NP in the US. BW in Aus, Faisal in Canada and Smali in UAE. So that leaves Z-man and Xuhaib in Pak I think.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sadly I think the overwhelming view expressed so far is right, and it'snot safe to play in Pakistan atm. Hopefully this can change soon. Will take a big, swinging pair of balls to be the first foreign side to visit there, mind you.

uvelocity

International Coach
Karachi is pretty close to Dubai so I still manage to make a trip every 2 months so I have a pretty good idea of the situation on the ground.
fair enough. I'm sure pakistan is a different case but I've experienced people who don't live some countries telling others how dangerous it is, just based off hearsay. I didn't think anyone was doing that here, firsthand experience is best though.

smash84

The Tiger King
fair enough. I'm sure pakistan is a different case but I've experienced people who don't live some countries telling others how dangerous it is, just based off hearsay. I didn't think anyone was doing that here, firsthand experience is best though.
I have actually been in Dubai just over a year. I was in Pakistan until around the end of 2011 and have been going back and forth pretty frequently. So yeah, I am not one of those who will be talking without having any idea of the ground realities. But yeah, I know the type of people you are talking about.