• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How many sons of famous cricketers have gone on to be stars?

MartinB

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
A couple more

Victor Richardson was the Grandfather of Ian, Greg and Trevor Chappell

Peter Faulkner (was 12th man for Aus One day-sides a couple of times, Australian career ended by going on South African rebel tour) is the father of James. For those that are interested, Peter was a Right arm version of his son.

Silver Silva

State Captain
This would be my second generation XI
(Sons of fathers who played Test Cricket)

1.Alec Stewart
2.Majid Khan
3.Mohinder Amarnath
4.Dudley Nourse
5.Joe Hardstaff Jr.
6.Jonny Bairstow (WK)
7.Yuvraj Singh
8.Chris Cairns
9.Shaun Pollock
10.Richard Hadlee
11.Stuart Broad

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!

1.Alec Stewart
2.Majid Khan
3.Mohinder Amarnath
4.Dudley Nourse
5.Joe Hardstaff Jr.
6.Jonny Bairstow (WK)
7.Yuvraj Singh
8.Chris Cairns
9.Shaun Pollock
10.Richard Hadlee
11.Stuart Broad
Shoaib Muhammad over Hardstaff jr imo. Also there's gotta be a bowler we can pick and drop Yuvraj. Cairns at 7.

Silver Silva

State Captain
Shoaib Muhammad over Hardstaff jr imo. Also there's gotta be a bowler we can pick and drop Yuvraj. Cairns at 7.
Hardstaff averaged 46 with the bat must have been good ..I chose Yuvraj cause almost nobody who was a second gen bowled any spin .If we going all out pace then I'd drop Yuvraj Singh for Jack Gregory ..He averaged 36 with the bat and 31 with the ball as an allrounder

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hardstaff averaged 46 with the bat must have been good ..I chose Yuvraj cause almost nobody who was a second gen bowled any spin .If we going all out pace then I'd drop Yuvraj Singh for Jack Gregory ..He averaged 36 with the bat and 31 with the ball as an allrounder
Shoaib played twice as long and averaged 44 as opener/#3 and did very well against Hadlee. Maybe drop Majid Khan for him. Yeah I noticed that there are no good spinners but Gregory is probably still a better choice. #BatDeep

peterhrt

U19 Debutant
Jack Gregory's father didn't play Test cricket. Two uncles did.

Another option for wicket-keeper is Denis Lindsay.

Spinner is tricky. Neil Smith? Didn't play Tests. Maurice Tate took 200+ first-class wickets with off-spin before switching to seam.

Last edited:

Blenkinsop

U19 Cricketer

1.Alec Stewart
2.Majid Khan
3.Mohinder Amarnath
4.Dudley Nourse
5.Joe Hardstaff Jr.
6.Jonny Bairstow (WK)
7.Yuvraj Singh
8.Chris Cairns
9.Shaun Pollock
10.Richard Hadlee
11.Stuart Broad
Raises the question of who was the better keeper: Bairstow or Stewart?

Ali TT

International Debutant
Having just read a book about Pakistani cricket I think you could probably have an "all in the family" match-up between Pakistan and RotW, and Pakistan would probably win.