• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How many sons of famous cricketers have gone on to be stars?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For tests thats close but fc cricket has examples of fathers and sons playing in the same team. In 1922 father and son Willie and Bernie Quaife played against father and son Billy and Bobby Bestwick. True story.
I'm pretty sure the Cairns' did play first class cricket together for ND at some stage, if not FC, then definitely the U-bix cup, which in the level below FC.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, if we're delving into FC cricketers, Bob and Greg Blewett as well as Ian and James Brayshaw come to mind.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Oh, and the Cowdreys.

Colin and Chris obviously both played for England.

Colin's dad played First Class too and I think Chris' son has a chance of playing for Kent too.
Fabian Cowdrey. Fairly big wraps so far on the school circuit, will be interesting to see how he goes on.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Other than those already mentio Ed ther is also the Sr. and Jr. Nawabs of Pataudi both of who captained India

Then there is Hanif and Shoiab Mohammad

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Pankaj Roy's son Pranab Roy and nephew Ambar Roy both played test cricket.

I remember hearing from my dad that Pankaj became a National selector (or some BCCI big-shot?) and he selected both Pranab and Ambar neither of whom did really deserve the chance :p

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Other than those already mentio Ed ther is also the Sr. and Jr. Nawabs of Pataudi both of who captained India
Yes and Jr. Nawab of Pataudi's son Saif Ali Khan is a star - and I'm not off-topic haha :) .

stumpski

International Captain
Alan and Mark Butcher - Butch jnr made his one-day debut for Surrey against a Glamorgan side captained by his dad. I expect the sledging went up a few notches. :D

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Well Cricinfo are now reporting the story about Shiv's son HERE , really hope the lad can deal with the attention he's getting and just go out and play his natural game, he's taller than his dad but apparently has the same "patient" style :D , his debut will be against one of the weaker sides but in truth Leewards have a decent attack, so it won't be easy for him.

Chubb

International Regular
Tagenarine ... how would you pronounce that? "TA-geh-nah-ryne"?

I thought Shiv lived in Florida these days? Where would Tag have been raised?