• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most runs off 1 over in test cricket

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Lara has surpassed Craig McMillan for the most overs off 1 over in test cricket..but I was surprised to see how many NZ'landers were at the top of that list:

B.C Lara - 28 v Robin Petersen
C.D.McMillan - 26 v Younis Khan
A.M.E Roberts (W.I) - 25 v Ian Botham
B.Sutcliffe/R.W Blair (NZ) - 25 v H.J Tayfield (S.A)
N.J Astle/C.L Cairns - 25 v Andy Caddick
J.F.M Morrison (NZ) - 24 v Imran Khan

Ian Smith also features at 11 for hitting 24 off Indian bowler A.S Wassan.

Craig

World Traveller
The big shock in finding Andy Roberts. I would of expected Sir Viv to be up there.

hourn

U19 Cricketer
phenomonal over from BCL.

The fifth shot he hit off the over was possibly the hardest shot i've seen in cricket.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
hourn said:
phenomonal over from BCL.

The fifth shot he hit off the over was possibly the hardest shot i've seen in cricket.
What shot was that?

hourn

U19 Cricketer
Rik said:
What shot was that?
the shot was fired straight back at the bowler, going about a metre from the umpires head.

Peterson had an attempt to catch but went no where near it, and even if he had've got his hands to it, I'd reckon there was more of a chance of the ball breaking his hands than Lara being caught.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
hourn said:
the shot was fired straight back at the bowler, going about a metre from the umpires head.

Peterson had an attempt to catch but went no where near it, and even if he had've got his hands to it, I'd reckon there was more of a chance of the ball breaking his hands than Lara being caught.
A hard hit drive?

I thought you ment hard as in the difficulty!

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
i had the pleasure of watching Macca score get the 26 on Tv when i just came back from school in time.!

i wish i could see the lara one aswell !

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
lord_of_darkness said:
i had the pleasure of watching Macca score get the 26 on Tv when i just came back from school in time.!

i wish i could see the lara one aswell !
It was awesome!! Just the thing to perk up some late night viewing.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
thierry henry said:
HAHA, was MA Nash really that bad???
Malcolm Nash, to his eternal credit, continued to try to get King Gary out - there were no 'free hits' involved - I saw this happen live - the game was broadcast live on BBC Wales, which we had no trouble picking up in our area.

The Frank Hayes one, sorry, I have no idea.

Malcolm Nash was a pretty decent quick bowler who could also bowl slow left arm orthodox - and it was the latter style he was using in the Sobers confrontation. Maybe he should have bowled it 'flat'.

Craig

World Traveller
And has made a lot of money out of it. He has been in demand for afterdinner speechs and the like and everytime he has told of it and made cash out of it.

It may seem weird but for him finicially it was probably a good thing he got belted for 36 runs off the over.

ReallyCrazy

Banned
i have never ever seen a lot of runs in an over in test cricket :(

but in ODIs I caught the match between Sri Lanka and Pakistan in 1996. Sanath Jayasurya smashed 30 runs off Aamer Sohail in one over. In fact, Jayasurya has scored 30 runs off an over twice (the other was against the bowling of Chris Harris at Sharjah).

jagaways

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
75* (0444664614106666600401)

LK Germon and RM Ford off RH Vance
Canterbury v Wellington Christchurch 1989-90
(77 runs to the total as 2 no-balls not scored off)

ROFLMAO! hhehehehehehhe. watta over!!!!!!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
jagaways said:
75* (0444664614106666600401)

LK Germon and RM Ford off RH Vance
Canterbury v Wellington Christchurch 1989-90
(77 runs to the total as 2 no-balls not scored off)

ROFLMAO! hhehehehehehhe. watta over!!!!!!
It was actually a 5-ball over, the Umpire understandibly miscalculated.