• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quickie Draft Thread

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't know, I regard Walcott as the better batsman of the 3w's, boosted by his performance againts Lindwall and Miller in '55.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I've heard enough people claim Knott to be the finest ever England keeper that I find it hard to believe Evans is much of an upgrade at all, let alone enough to be worth the step down in batting.

watson

Banned
Don't know, I regard Walcott as the better batsman of the 3w's, boosted by his performance againts Lindwall and Miller in '55.
On batting ability alone I would tend to agree with that kyear. But as a 'complete package' Worrell shades Walcott.

What's interesting though is that if you look at Walcott's hightest scores they tend to coincide with big partnerships with Weekes, not so much Worrell. This is (perhaps) because Walcott's strength was the drive, while Weekes' strength was square of the wicket. It therefore seems that they both fed off the inability of bowlers to find a satisfactory length when both batsman were are the crease.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Evans was not as good a keeper as Evans, more spectacular,.but not better, and regarding Barrington, well.I have made that argument already, so will just leave it at over rated.

watson

Banned
I think that kyear meant;

Evans was not as good a keeper as Knott, more spectacular but not better.

Regarding Barrington; well I have made that argument already and so will leave it at 'over-rated' without commenting further.

Last edited:

Jager

International Debutant
Barrington a huge omission from myself, completely overlooked him. Shows how underrated he is.