• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Mr_Ronan

Banned
Great effort by the Aussies...380 is a good first innings score on almost any Test pitch in the world.

And given the average 1st innings score over the previous 5 Tests at Chennai is only 280 the Aussies are well above par.

They'll need to bowl well though or the likes of Pujara and Kohli will feast. As much as I love watching Sehwag I really hope he goes early or it could be a long day for the Aussies.

Satyanash89

Banned
I dunno what the definition used on this forum is but do you not think that this is a pitch designed to turn more than even the standard Indian pitch?
Its the variable bounce that worries me, coz thatll make the Aussie quicks very dangerous in the 4th innings

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I dunno what the definition used on this forum is but do you not think that this is a pitch designed to turn more than even the standard Indian pitch?
I call Mumbai vs. England a turning wicket. There India bowled poorly to give England as many runs as they did.

This is a pitch which is turning more on day 1 than India have put out recently maybe, but Jadeja was getting no turn. Even he would iturn it if it was a turning wicket.

For mine 350-375 is par. Hardly a pitch where the ball is spitting and you are never set.

If India had a batting lineup, they would be in a 50-50 position. My whole point is India's batting has been so ****house lately, 350-375 is a good score. But it isn't actually a good score on this wicket, its about par. Its not bad, but its far from objectively match winning.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Great effort by the Aussies...380 is a good first innings score on almost any Test pitch in the world.

And given the average 1st innings score over the previous 5 Tests at Chennai is only 280 the Aussies are well above par.

They'll need to bowl well though or the likes of Pujara and Kohli will feast. As much as I love watching Sehwag I really hope he goes early or it could be a long day for the Aussies.
Sehwag will do **** all on this pitch. Would not fear him at all.

Agree Pujara and Kohli are the threats. But India all out around 270-290 is on for me.

Mr_Ronan

Banned
India always appeal excessively to be fair. For like, 3 decades.
There is an art to it. It can work in your favour by slowly pressuring the umpire into giving a decision that is not out.

But you tread a fine line and if you cross it that can backfire and you miss out on plumb LBWs like that last one.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
I know what youre saying... strongly agree that Ojha>Ashwin but Ashwin just had one bad series thats all. Plus hes a gun batsman. Neither Ashwin nor Ojha shouldve been dropped, thats that. The BCCI are a bunch of dick-stroking ****s who for some reason want little weedy to play his 100th test.

If ponting hadnt retired, Harbhajan wouldve been useful as that was one guaranteed wicket,.but now it just doesnt make sense
thats complete BS

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
There is an art to it. It can work in your favour by slowly pressuring the umpire into giving a decision that is not out.

But you tread a fine line and if you cross it that can backfire and you miss out on plumb LBWs like that last one.
Warne was good at pressuring the umpires.

Kumble wasn't bad either.

Current day India are good at pissing off umpires :laugh:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is there bad weather predicted? If not I can't see a draw, unless this is a pith everyone expects to break up but which holds together. Seems unlikely.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Is there bad weather predicted? If not I can't see a draw, unless this is a pith everyone expects to break up but which holds together. Seems unlikely.
Everyone thought Nagpur India vs. Eng would be a 3-4 day test, and that pitch was flat as **** and a bore draw.

Unlikely for that to happen in Chennai though, generally breaks up at some point.

Mr_Ronan

Banned
BF Odds:

India 3.4
Aus 2.8
Draw 2.78

Thoughts?
Wow Aus at 2.80 is fantastic odds. I would have thought they'd be about 2.10 because I cannot see this match being a draw given how difficult it will to bat on days 4 and 5.

And India will need to play out of their skin to win from here. They probably need to make 420+ and then roll Aus for 200 in the second dig...that's a very tough ask.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Wait, is Turbinator actually having a go at Indian fans for praising a player/team too much? :laugh:
Really blame India's recent test form on the lack of anti-jinxing in the tour threads. That whole pessimistic brigade (adharcric, SS, anil, JusTool, Sanz etc.) has disbanded, and someone needs to restore the balance.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wow Aus at 2.80 is fantastic odds. I would have thought they'd be about 2.10 because I cannot see this match being a draw given how difficult it will to bat on days 4 and 5.

And India will need to play out of their skin to win from here. They probably need to make 420+ and then roll Aus for 200 in the second dig...that's a very tough ask.
Yeah Aust are good value I reckon, but may be better to just "lay" the draw on Betfair

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ffs, had my gf nagging me all day, have missed most of the first session. Couple that with the slight concussion I have from smacking my head on a cabinet it's been a trying day. Fortunately I have the best smelling slow cooked lamb shanks ready to come out of the cooker in 1.5 hours to save the day.

K33n.

Need P00jara early.

ajdude

International Coach
ffs, had my gf nagging me all day, have missed most of the first session. Couple that with the slight concussion I have from smacking my head on a cabinet it's been a trying day. Fortunately I have the best smelling slow cooked lamb shanks ready to come out of the cooker in 1.5 hours to save the day.

K33n.

Need P00jara early.
sounds appetizing. i went with the reheated la porchetta pizza myself