• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Almost all Indian pitches are spinning pitches by the definition used on this forum. You still score 400 first innins.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If you're going to use that argument, I will return to my original argument.

This is a turning wicket. You are playing 3 spinners against a batting lineup that cannot play spin bowling.

It's a **** bowling performance. Yes, the bowlers are ****, but it's still a **** performance.
I blame the carbon tax.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Gavaskar is such a **** commentator it really is amazing.

Jsut says the opposite of what is true

Spark

Global Moderator
i mean it might be interesting on leg stump so ok fair enough but goodness that looked plumb live

edit: there we go. odd waste of half an hour if truth be told

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
No country in the world would have dropped either of Ashwin of Ojha but there are forces at work in India . . . Bhajji will be a candidate til he announces his retirement or is completely off all ads and all sponsors payrolls . . .

This is no conspiracy theory. These are hard facts on the ground and Indian fans need to understand these. Look back over the last two decades and see which cricketers get dropped more easily and need just a small blip (some times none) in their consistency to be shown the door . . . and which continue to play since they are always "just one performance away" from coming back to sparkling form . . .

Its not just about the dropping of guys like Ojha but the way some of the "stars" are hyped by all the commentators on BCCI's payrolls (remember where the money comes from into BCCI coffers) without exception. There is no 'freedom of speech' for BCCI commentators and a tendency to "breach the code of conduct" with impunity can mean the end of the lucrative assignments these ex cricketers have that earn them many times the money they made in their entire cricketing careers.

The sad bit is not that this is happening, for one expects no better from an organisation where money (not Sachin silly) is God, but that the average Indian fan actually forms his opinion based on the daily drumming of the same 'propaganda' from these cricket experts - be it on merits/demerits of individual players or on UDRS.

The odd writer like Pradeep Magazine, brilliant writer on the game that he continues to be, is relegated to writing the odd column as an independent scribe. The Gavaskars, Shastris and Bhogles get the choicest writing assignments as well.

What the Indian fan needs to do, for himself, is to think independently and cogently on the game but how does one do that . . . you tell me . . . One possibility is to read the top cricket writers on the game from other countries. many of them cover an Indian series even when their own countries are not playing as opposition. But then we (Indian fans) will probably run them down as "biased goras" the moment they say a word against an Indian player or the Indian cricket structure . . .

Even Wasim speaks and writes taking great care not to affect our Indian sensibilities. If we are going to be so sensitive to 'home truths' being told to us - all we are going to get is what we want to hear and that is a recipe for disaster . . .

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Solid score from Australia. If India had more than 2 batsman they'd be reasonably pleased.

But they don't.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Almost all Indian pitches are spinning pitches by the definition used on this forum.
I dunno what the definition used on this forum is but do you not think that this is a pitch designed to turn more than even the standard Indian pitch?