• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Bowling to expecations is 450+.

They have exceeded expectations.

Can't think of any reasomable Indian who saw this lineup and thought they'd have AUstralia 5-150 and less than 400 (if that occurs).
Yeah but it's not about the lineup.

They've bowled poorly. That's largely because they're not very good bowlers, but it doesn't change that fact. They've bowled poorly because they're ****house. Expectations which are based on the quality of the bowling lineup are irrelevant; you're squaring the issue. You can't just blame the batting for losing the game because you know you have a **** bowling lineup; the **** bowling lineup is the crux of the issue.

Teja.

Global Moderator
SS, There's no either/or situation here. We don't have Shane ****ing Warne waiting in the wings

Ojha should definitely be playing but so should Ashwin.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah but it's not about the lineup.

They've bowled poorly. That's largely because they're not very good bowlers, but it doesn't change that fact. They've bowled poorly because they're ****house. Expectations which are based on the quality of the bowling lineup are irrelevant; you're squaring the issue. You can't just blame the batting for losing the game because you know you have a **** bowling lineup; the **** bowling lineup is the crux of the issue.
That argument would work if I am saying that Australia scoring above par (450-500) is okay because we had **** bowlers so that is fine. I am not saying that.

This is India day 1-2. Even if India had the bowlers they had in 2010, 400 on day 1 is a must in India. Simple as that.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Ojha should definitely be playing but so should Ashwin.
Which is fine. I wouldn't be against that. I'm just saying if you had to pick one, the wrong one was picked. Clearly he has done well here though, so good for him. And retrospectively, it was a good decision.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
of course Ashwin should have been dropped before Ojha. but neither should have been dropped if the replacement is Harby. why are you guys fighting about this.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Which is fine. I wouldn't be against that. I'm just saying if you had to pick one, the wrong one was picked.
I made the initial post here in jest here but that's not what you said though.

You merely said Ashwin should be dropped for bad performance in one series.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That argument would work if I am saying that Australia scoring above par (450-500) is okay because we had **** bowlers so that is fine. I am not saying that.

This is India day 1-2. Even if India had the bowlers they had in 2010, 400 on day 1 is a must in India. Simple as that.
They're 20 odd short of 400. So they're not far from a pass mark anyway.

Look, let's be honest here. India have batted in Braille for two years. We've got enough. Pujara and Jono's rent boy the only threats.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
They're 20 odd short of 400. So they're not far from a pass mark anyway.

Look, let's be honest here. India have batted in Braille for two years. We've got enough. Pujara and Jono's rent boy the only threats.
But that's my point. Their batting is poor, but if their batting was good 400 shouldn't be too big an issue. Would be 50-50.

But their batting is ****house so Australia on top. Not the bowlers fault.

Satyanash89

Banned
Well if you were going to keep him, I don't see what he did to keep his place ahead of Ojha.
I know what youre saying... strongly agree that Ojha>Ashwin but Ashwin just had one bad series thats all. Plus hes a gun batsman. Neither Ashwin nor Ojha shouldve been dropped, thats that. The BCCI are a bunch of dick-stroking ****s who for some reason want little weedy to play his 100th test.

If ponting hadnt retired, Harbhajan wouldve been useful as that was one guaranteed wicket,.but now it just doesnt make sense

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member

If you're going to use that argument, I will return to my original argument.

This is a turning wicket. You are playing 3 spinners against a batting lineup that cannot play spin bowling.

It's a **** bowling performance. Yes, the bowlers are ****, but it's still a **** performance.