• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It was his lack of pace through the air that really hurt him though...he was literally struggling to exceed 130kmh. Even when he got it to swing the batsmen seemed to have forever to play for that swing.
I dunno, I think he's a good bowler from what I've seen. He looked really dangerous in the Pakistan ODIs when he really got the ball to hoop around, and that was still at the medium pace.

Hopefully he gets the opportunity on a wicket with some humidity around. He's a better choice than Ishant who doesn't really do anything with the ball whether the pitch is flat or green anyway.

Zaheer Khan leaves a big hole as he's one of the few Indian bowlers who can take wickets in these conditions.

It will be a whole different prospect if Starc and Pattinson start swinging it at 145kmh. I've got a feeling Starc could have a breakthrough series here.
I think Starc and Siddle will be the ones to watch with the reverse swing. I like Pattinson but I'm not convinced he'll do well on this wicket unless he finds the variable bounce.

Waiting to be proven wrong anyway.

Also can't wait to see how Lyon goes.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Henriques & Sid ftw. Wicket to wicket, bit of variable bounce. Patto & Starc with some reverse later. Lyon to take eight when India follows on.

Briony

International Debutant
When will India find a decent attack? Bit of a worry when a guy like Moises who struggles to make runs in the SS looks so at ease on debut.

Andre

International Regular
Kudos to Moët - he batted extremely well. Has never looked in any trouble with the bat at any level he's ever played but normally finds a way to get out on 20. Didn't this time. Credit to Invers and co. for going with his suggestions of form and their gut instinct.

Valer

First Class Debutant
0 wickets to pace. I think you're all being overly optimistic here.

As for spin, you did watch the SA series right?

benchmark00

My biggest fear, other than mice, is that Pujara is going to put Australia to the sword. He is the key wicket. He's a seriously good player.

Spikey

my biggest fears are Harby getting a wicket, Shrama getting a wicket and Sehwag scoring a ton

Woodster

International Captain
Yes I thought Henriques was very impressive on debut, looked to be positive when he could, temperament looked spot on, and didn't really look like he was going to get dismissed till he played across one.

Michael Clarke, while fortunate to survive the bat-pad catch, was again in excellent touch. He really is a lesson for all batsmen in how to play spin, fleet of foot either going down the pitch or rocking back deep into his crease giving the spinners no margin for error in length. The battle between him and Ashwin today was compelling viewing.

On Ashwin, he looked far more effective than he did in the England series, looked to be bowling with more overspin helping him get that nice bounce, but removed Watson and Warner with balls that rushed onto them, clever bowling. Lacked any other penetrative support, Harbhajan was poor, the quicker bowlers offered little threat and Jadeja, while economical, only threatened when the batsmen played shots expecting him to turn the ball, a problem England had on a few occasions against him.

The big partnership between Clarke and Henriques probably gave the Aussies the edge on the day for me, will be important how Clarke goes with the tail in the morning to try and get them over 350.