Cricket Player Manager
Page 703 of 711 FirstFirst ... 203603653693701702703704705 ... LastLast
Results 10,531 to 10,545 of 10658
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Rahane could have pressed the issue but instead he batted like an Australian so.
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Thing is what chance do they get to press that claim.
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

Banned
    If Tendulkar goes to South Africa he'll be ripped apart imo. He's just struggled through a series on home turf in not so difficult conditions against a pretty toothless attack. I'm scared to even think of whatll happen to him against the best bowling attack in years in a country acknowledged to be one of the toughest places to bat in... We all know how touring batting lineups have gone in SA recently. It'll just lead to a Ponting - like final series, after which he'll have no choice but to retire. Better it happens now and we send someone like Rohit Sharma instead.
    What an experience that'll be though... Kept out of the test side for years and debuting against the best bowling attack of the generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Satyanash89 View Post
    If Tendulkar goes to South Africa he'll be ripped apart imo. He's just struggled through a series on home turf in not so difficult conditions against a pretty toothless attack. I'm scared to even think of whatll happen to him against the best bowling attack in years in a country acknowledged to be one of the toughest places to bat in... We all know how touring batting lineups have gone in SA recently. It'll just lead to a Ponting - like final series, after which he'll have no choice but to retire. Better it happens now and we send someone like Rohit Sharma instead.
    What an experience that'll be though... Kept out of the test side for years and debuting against the best bowling attack of the generation.
    Relax

Batting records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

And he was going into that series after a poor series.

International Vice-Captain Contra's Avatar
    4-0! YEAAAAAAAAAAAH

Evened it up with the Aussies at least. Good work team India.

Also guys SA is later this year, I think it's a bit pointless to discuss selections now, lets just celebrate the win, been a while since we got a chance to do so

Tendy is a great player and deserves to go out on his own terms but I can see him going the way of IVA and having people questioning his position in the game because he stays on too long

International Debutant ganeshran's Avatar
    Can't remember India whitewashing a side in a 3 test series before, let alone 4-0. Jadeja's performance was the biggest shocker :O
    Get well soon Yuvi!!

Hard to judge India's performance bc Australia have been so bad. Well done though. It's exciting to see a new era of batsmen coming through.

The fact is the people who failed didn't come as a surprise: Watson and Warner are too one-note to be test-class batsmen. Wade is totally out of his depth as a test keeper.

Question though: what's going on with Watson's bowling? Does he plan on taking it up again for the Ashes?
    'It is hard to recall a batsman quite so serene, so unrushed, so unflappable.' Chris Ryan on ... look to the left. Ahhhh.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Senile Sentry View Post
    Relax

Batting records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

And he was going into that series after a poor series.
    Very different. Sachin had 3 and a half years of consistent form behind him and 2010 was arguably his best year ever, was arguably the best batsman in the world at that point.
    Everyone knows it's a different story now. Plus SA have Philander. That guy scares me.

International Debutant theegyptian's Avatar
    Watched the first session before I fell asleep. Was incredible.

Playing in India can cause some boring **** matches but just as much there can be some immensely exciting matches. Australia didn't have quite enough to make this a really exciting match.

Hard to find two bigger douchebags than Warner and Kohli but it just added to the fervoured atmosphere and all the hate between the two teams.

I really think this is an average Indian team. This was an Australian team in complete disarray with no coherant policies and with limited experience in Asia. Yes India won 4-0 but **** there were some bad performances by indians.

Tournaments Won: 1
    I hardly reckon there are too many non-India-fanboys that are reading too much into this series tbf. I think we all know how horrible the Aussie team is in India.
    @CowsCorner - 202 followers and counting!

Disclaimer: I am a biased South African. Anything I say is likely to have something in it that ultimately favours the Proteas.

International Vice-Captain centurymaker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Tendy is a great player and deserves to go out on his own terms but I can see him going the way of IVA and having people questioning his position in the game because he stays on too long
    yeah reckon he won't be retiring for at least 1 more year... (may even tour England and Aus once more, you never know... especially if he flukes a good performance in SA)

Having said that, how on earth can anyone expect him to perform well at age 40/41 in SA against the best bowlers?

If he avgs more than 30, it'll be some achievement. I doubt it though, especially because India will be going into that series after having not played for more than half a year...so I think he will have regressed much more and will be rusty..
    Proud Supporter of All Blacks

Quote Originally Posted by centurymaker View Post
    yeah reckon he won't be retiring for at least 1 more year... (may even tour England and Aus once more, you never know... especially if he flukes a good performance in SA)

Having said that, how on earth can anyone expect him to perform well at age 40/41 in SA against the best bowlers?

If he avgs more than 30, it'll be some achievement. I doubt it though, especially because India will be going into that series after having not played for more than half a year...so I think he will have regressed much more and will be rusty..
    His last century (and one of his best) was in SA vs Steyn/Morkel....

Ok so it was 2-3 years ago but what's 2-3 years to a time lord

Plus the stats man would be sad if he didn't notch up the big 200 Tests

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Lack of media discussion about Wades keeping abilities is so annoying
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Thread Information