• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
would have joined the likes of Burt ****ley as cricketers who have suffered ACL injures too. what a shame

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah, he looks far too innocuous when the ball doesn't get above the eyeline. I don't think that he'll be successful, but he needs to stick to his own modus operandi.

His shape is similar to Krezja, without the number of bad balls and a little less work on the ball. He's going to be buying his wickets a bit more than what Swann and Monty did.
He had some success in WI and SL where the ball turned a bit, so maybe his bowling is more suited to the subcontinent as it is, he doesn't flight the ball properly in Australia though. I expect none of the Indians to be really confident against him, except for Pujara perhaps.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Watson dropping his bowling directly affects guys like Khawaja if the selectors just add him back into the top six as a batter. I prefer Watson to open if in the team but they may want to limit the changes with Hussey gone. Will they take a spare batsman or have Haddin cover Keeper and spare batsman?

Burgey

In the fair dinkum department, Watson's form purely as a batsman in the past 12 months or so when he has played tests has hardly justified his inclusion in the team at all.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
When fit and in form he should be in the top 6. I'd hate to see that at the exclusion of Khawaja (or 1 of the other candidates if he doesnt take his chance) though. They need to ditch the all rounder crap they are spouting as none of them look ready to bat 6 and be a serious option with the ball.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
I really don't think Watson's batting alone is enough to keep him in the side based purely on results. Selectors will keep him because they like him but he doesn't convert his starts and is mediocre.
On a side note does anyone know when Andrew Mcdonald will be coming back for the shield?

Philhughesisbes

School Boy/Girl Captain
When fit and in form he should be in the top 6. I'd hate to see that at the exclusion of Khawaja (or 1 of the other candidates if he doesnt take his chance) though. They need to ditch the all rounder crap they are spouting as none of them look ready to bat 6 and be a serious option with the ball.
I think apart from Watson the only "potential" all rounder who might be able to bat in the top 6 in the distant future is Mitch Marsh.Maxwell,Mc Donald won't cut it at this level.I like Mawell as a cricketer but base on his showing in the odi"s against Sri Lanka he"ll need to develop his game further before we start anoiting him as our next great test all rounder.

Riggins

International Captain
On a side note does anyone know when Andrew Mcdonald will be coming back for the shield?
he played a grade twenty 20 game the other day and smashed them 70 off 30-odd. Reckon he would be available for the next shield game, maybe not bowling yet though.

Burgey

Ah I see. Quite.

For a moment I thought you meant for Australia and I was going to rain down on you so hard you'd need reassembling by air carsh investigators.