• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I just can't get past the fact that Ojha is not playing. There's been some strange selections around the world recently, but that really has to take the cake.

What could possibly be the justification?
This is not my justification. But possibly Dhoni might have thought of not having one more left arm spinner with Jadeja already in the side and also with all 3 of them better batting-wise than Ojha..If that is the case, its stupid though..

indiaholic

International Captain
Not sure about that tbh, lets be real he's got out two players who aren't exactly the best in the world at spin, he'll have to start getting 4 and 5fers against the best teams on a more consistent basis before i'm totally convinced.
I don't think he has what it takes to be a great bowler but he definitely can retire as one of India's best all rounders.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
The comms said it was because Aus have four left-handers in the top six, so they went with Herby instead, plus Jedaja is there to bowl the left-arm spinner, it's a stupid decision though because Ojha has been very impressive of late.
Hmmm. So they've picked 3 bowlers to do the job of 2, and in the process left out their best bowler.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
This is not my justification. But possibly Dhoni might have thought of not having one more left arm spinner with Jadeja already in the side and also with all 3 of them better batting-wise than Ojha..If that is the case, its stupid though..
Well, at least there's some attempt at reasoning.

Jadeja is bowling so flat.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Fancy having a top four and Warner is not only your most consistent but best batsman.

Surely Cowan can't be given too many more tests. 12 already with just 1 hundred and average which is close to New Zealand standard.

Moises is an interesting selection. If he bats like he did in county cricket, then he should be batting 9 in this side. Would fancy Johnson would get just as many runs and would be more potent with the ball.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why did India even bother picking two seam bowlers? The ball was never ever ever going to do anything at all. Pick your best reverse swing bowler and then let the spinners do the rest.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Well, at least there's some attempt at reasoning.

Jadeja is bowling so flat.
As was Bhaji. Great to see the 95kph flat break in operation again.

Aus should be very happy with this start. Ashwin is creating chances but no pressure from the other end. Sharma wants to be India's answer to Sami. Average approaching 40 now.

Mr_Ronan

Banned
Not sure how there's an avalanche of criticism of Cowan on cricinfo when he's just helped Australia get a very good start to the series with an opening partnership of 64?

29 is not a great innings on paper but in the circumstances it was very handy. Australia could not allow India to get early wickets and get their tail up.

People overlook the fact that Cowan and Warner have been eaily the best performed opening partnership in Test cricket since they came together. Why change that?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I feel pretty sorry for Bhuvneshwar Kumar.

He's probably one of the best Indian bowlers right now, but doesn't have a chance on this wicket.

Zaheer Khan was dropped, right? He was a good reverse swing bowler. Ishant isn't.