Page 662 of 711 FirstFirst ... 162562612652660661662663664672 ... LastLast
Results 9,916 to 9,930 of 10658
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    What exactly have Cowan, Maxwell, Watson, Wade, etc done that makes indispensible?

Take Cowan as an example

Has never been one of the 2 best openers in Australia, averages 32 in test cricket and has virtually no potential for improvement
    nah **** look at cowans performaces over this series, hes improved massively particularly his play of spin bowling

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I don't think there's that much wrong with it, myself. It's obviously a big turner but I don't think it's impossible to bat on at all. I wouldn't really want to see a pitch turn more than this but this is okay.

I wouldn't say it did Test cricket no credit anyway. It was really compelling to watch India bat against Lyon, as it is to watch Smith bat at the moment. If anything is doing Test cricket no credit it's the standard of Australia's batting.
    Completely agree. It's not a great wicket but no way as unplayable as is made out by incompetent batting.

The partnership of Pujara and Vijay followed by Dravid and Laxman of even two years ago and a Tendulkar not trying to save face with shattered confidence, would have shown how much could have been scored in that first Indian innings.

When Steve Smith bats and one can see it is as if its a different track and easier bowling. With Clarke it would have been better. The other Australian who showed the value of proper footwork against the turning ball on these wickets was Starc,who sadly is also missing. This is an Aussie side with the top order having no clue on how to play spin. That has to be factored when assessing the Aussie struggle . Siddle, Starc and Smith versus Cowan, Warner and Hughes . . Is a no context and two of the first lot are tail enders

These Indians are better than these Aussies against spin but then they are facing a much inferior spin attack. These three Indian spinners against this Indian side on this track would have bundled them out fr even less than 272. That does not make the wicket unplayable . It just shows that this Indan side, barring few, is not all that good against good spin bowling. But then Swann, Monty and company have already shown us that.

So lets look at the poor quality of batting rather than scream blue murder at the groundsman every time the team totals drop to 200 levels.
    Last edited by SJS; 24-03-2013 at 01:05 AM.

Unfortunately the selectors are likely to be picking the Ashes batting line up exactly like they have this series. Uzi is gone so its basically these guys plus Clarke with maybe a bolter from the final like Silk.

I'm not a fan of Cowan either but the selectors have made it clear they see Hughes as a 3 and that they like gritty 20's from a guy picked to play time and be a foil for Warner. Based on what I've seen of Watson he should not be in the team if he's not opening or bowling. Give Smith his spot and make him bowl if Warner and Cowan are unbreakable as a partnership. Which its looking like they are in the selectors minds.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Wade is a former state Aussie rules footballer, and was almost drafted into the AFL.

He'd beat the living piss out of Kohli.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by sphynx View Post
    Wade is a former state Aussie rules footballer, and was almost drafted into the AFL.

No he wasn't.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

How the **** did he play AFL? He'd ****ing never take a mark as he'd drop the ball everytime

Quote Originally Posted by Akash Chopra
    A good pitch challenges and rewards the skill-set...if it's too inconsistent, it becomes a lottery!!!!
    Exactley
    Love You India

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    No he wasn't.

Yes......he was.

He was Vice Captain of Tassie's state u/18 side, and averaged over 25 disposals a game in the championships.

The fact that he had testicular cancer at the age of 16 didn't help his build up.

Jono calling it AFL instead of Aussie Rules *shakes head*

Yes......he was.

He was Vice Captain of Tassie's state u/18 side, and averaged over 25 disposals a game in the championships.

The fact that he had testicular cancer at the age of 16 didn't help his build up.
    Just because you play in the TAC cup doesn't mean you're almost drafted. Getting almost drafted means you're in the draft, you have clubs talking to you and you don't get picked up.

Jono calling it AFL instead of Aussie Rules *shakes head*
    He lives in Sydney now tbf.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    It is not just an India Australia series without the verbal sparks
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    He lives in Sydney now tbf.
    Yeah, was going to say.

Has often made the point that people don't say 'I'm going in the backyard to play some English Premier League' so they shouldn't say they play AFL.

Horrible stuff all round here.

Don't know anything about the AFL but I have money on Brisbane v. Western Bulldogs so I'm a Brisbane fan.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

Yeah, was going to say.

Has often made the point that people don't say 'I'm going in the backyard to play some English Premier League' so they shouldn't say they play AFL.

Horrible stuff all round here.
    Yeah, being a pedantic bastard it's always annoyed me too; I even had to change the name of "AFLSim" on CS to ARS because it was pissing me off. Near enough everyone does it in Sydney though.
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 24-03-2013 at 12:46 AM.

Thread Information