• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Poor start by India, but wickets breed confidence and now this will be a test for Australia, you can already see that the spinners are dictating things a little so it's gonna be interesting to see if they can nick another one before lunch.

Riggins

International Captain
what do people think about clarke going up the order in these type of series?

I totally understand he's done his best work at 5, and you want to keep him where he's his most comfortable, but that's generally when he's coming in when the ball's stopped doing as much off the deck. In this type of situation where everyone is going to be starting against the spinners, and the pitch does nothing off the seam, seems like the ideal time for him to come in early with more time to bat, especially when we have a shortened batting lineup for him to work with.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't believe I'm stuck at work for this. Sounds like typical sub continental cricket though. Pace bowlers can go off and have a lie down on their banana lounges and sip their mango lassi.

Mr_Ronan

Banned
Poor start by India, but wickets breed confidence and now this will be a test for Australia, you can already see that the spinners are dictating things a little so it's gonna be interesting to see if they can nick another one before lunch.
Ashwin is bowling well yes, but not sure how the "spinners are dictating things"?

Australia are rattling along at 1 for 72 from just 18 overs and harbhajan is struggling with 0 for 29 from 7 overs.

Daemon

Ashwin is bowling well yes, but not sure how the "spinners are dictating things"?

Australia are rattling along at 1 for 72 from just 18 overs and harbhajan is struggling with 0 for 29 from 7 overs.
He said 'a little' and tbf the last 10 overs have gone for just 29.

ajdude

International Coach
Can't believe I'm stuck at work for this. Sounds like typical sub continental cricket though. Pace bowlers can go off and have a lie down on their banana lounges and sip their mango lassi.
think you missed a **** stain in the last toilet ****, go back and clean it

Mr_Ronan

Banned
Awful shot by Hughes from a garbage ball that had "four" written all over it.

There's been some awful commentary from the Indians so far, almost like they're not really concentrating. They just criticised Hughes for trying to cut that saying the Aussies need to leave the good balls.

That was a rank long hop wide outside off stump...it deserved to be murdered not left...and certainly not chopped onto the stumps!!

Daemon

So Ravi Shastri thus far has defended Sehwag's drop catch and said he's very happy with the selection. Look forward to him coming back on later.

WindieWeathers

International Regular

Well Aus are two down now and Ashwin has gotten anther wicket!!..him and Harby have been pushing the batsmen back and forcing them to play rash shots, thats what i meant about "dictating things", and now the result is two wickets and probably more to come.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
lol VVS trying to justify bringing Sharma back on because apparently watson starts off worse against pace?

Mr_Ronan

Banned
Ashwin really is bowling beautifully here. He has learned from his mistakes in the Eng series, where he bowled too flat and too short.

He is a huge talent and if he continues to bowl in this vein he can develop into one of the best Test players in the world.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I just can't get past the fact that Ojha is not playing. There's been some strange selections around the world recently, but that really has to take the cake.

What could possibly be the justification?

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Ashwin really is bowling beautifully here. He has learned from his mistakes in the Eng series, where he bowled too flat and too short.

He is a huge talent and if he continues to bowl in this vein he can develop into one of the best Test players in the world.
Not sure about that tbh, lets be real he's got out two players who aren't exactly the best in the world at spin, he'll have to start getting 4 and 5fers against the best teams on a more consistent basis before i'm totally convinced.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I just can't get past the fact that Ojha is not playing. There's been some strange selections around the world recently, but that really has to take the cake.

What could possibly be the justification?
The comms said it was because Aus have four left-handers in the top six, so they went with Herby instead, plus Jedaja is there to bowl the left-arm spinner, it's a stupid decision though because Ojha has been very impressive of late.