Page 584 of 711 FirstFirst ... 84484534574582583584585586594634684 ... LastLast
Results 8,746 to 8,760 of 10658
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Lets be honest, our tour has gone about as well as England's tour to UAE. Pakistan have the better bowling attack than , but the conditions weren't nearly as spin friendly as what we've come up against here.

It took England three consecutive series up against spin to get it right; whereas we have three players from our top 6 missing from our last subcontinental tour of eighteen months ago. It doesn't excuse the effort in this tour, but it might provide some context.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    and we don't even have good spin bowlers
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

International Debutant
    Cricinfo says Clarke is touch and go to play. Still if he's in that much doubt do we want to play him? The series has gone and he'd have to bat 3 days just to get us a draw. He might do some lasting damage to it then. So I'm favouring resting him and I don't care if that makes Watson captain. It'd be a joke but we've cracked plenty on this tour already. Besides it'd be even funnier if we didn't pick Watson to stand in as skip. I mean why pick him as vc in the 1st place if you don't select him when Clarke is injured. It'd make a tool of the decision to give him the vc ship in the 1st place.

So we're stuck with him; sook that he is. With Clarke out Smith and Henriques can both play though I'd prefer Usman to the latter. Watson at 4. Dear me. Without Clarke our batting is ****tier than the sides of the late 70s and mid 80s.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Lets be honest, our tour has gone about as well as England's tour to UAE. Pakistan have the better bowling attack than , but the conditions weren't nearly as spin friendly as what we've come up against here.

It took England three consecutive series up against spin to get it right; whereas we have three players from our top 6 missing from our last subcontinental tour of eighteen months ago. It doesn't excuse the effort in this tour, but it might provide some context.
    The difference was England managed to bowl out Pakistan cheaply pretty consistently on that tour. Only the batting was a problem. Can't say that about this series so far.

The batting was a huge problem, though. Their middle order collectively averaged something like 10.

I mean, we've been bad, but we haven't been that bad - we've put a reasonable first innings on the board in two out of the three games, though we still haven't had a good third innings score in India since forever.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    The batting was a huge problem, though. Their middle order collectively averaged something like 10.

I mean, we've been bad, but we haven't been that bad - we've put a reasonable first innings on the board in two out of the three games, though we still haven't had a good third innings score in India since forever.
    AWTA
    I think we have done as well as we could have with the current set of players, can't recall when was the last time we brought so many batsmen who were in their early 20's to a place like India. To their credit apart from Maxwell every other young player has atleast a score of 50 or above to show for their toil.

Bowling especially the spin department has been the real issue, didn't expected any match winning hauls from Lyon, but even if he had bowled steadily we could have fared a lot better in this series.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    It would be too sensible to hire Martyn.

In other news, bring back Ponting!
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars

Pace bowling has been disappointing IMO

I've seen at least 1 article saying Maxwell is a chance at a recall so that's a worry. I guess he would be in for Doherty as the 2 nd spinner? No Clarke, no Haddin and Smith, Moz and Maxwell in the line up.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    They're going to get killed.
    innit?

i think i'll be watching this test from the pov of morbid fascination - anything better than an absolute hammering will be an upside from my expectations as of right now.

So is Clarke still a selector if not fit to play?

What would be funny would be Watto promoting himself to open because he's captain.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar

Your bowling has been absolute toilet though. Which isn't something that can be aimed at England on their last 3 Asian tours. And the batting's been the same old '**** the bed ajd get out out for 150-200' performance we've been seeing for ages. When India got their lead you just knew Australia would collapse and set India a meagre target.

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangles View Post
    What would be funny would be Watto promoting himself to open because he's captain.
    Might start to bowl again too.

Thread Information